About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Part Time (60.8 hours per fortnight), Ongoing
- Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
About the opportunity
We are seeking someone to lead the implementation of our new Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan across the organisation. Helping us to work in culturally safer ways and guiding our reconciliation work with local communities in Victoria and Tasmania is an important part of this role. The role will also work towards Uniting’s aim to deliver positive outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities as well as develop and maintain internal and external individual and community relationships
The ideal candidate will have:
- Cultural competency, knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and peoples.
- Qualification or equivalent experience in community development, social work and project management
- Working and collaborating with Australia’s First Peoples in a range of contexts.
- Working with people with a lived experience of the community services system (consumers/clients).
- Experience in leading, working in a collaborative way with a wide range of stakeholders, and delivering results within set timelines in a multi stakeholder & contested environment.
- Experience leading and managing multi stakeholder projects
- Reconciliation Action Plan development or social policy development experience
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Monday 26 July 2021
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact John Clarke – Director of Mission – email@example.com
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: https://www.unitingvictas.org.au/
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please click on the apply now button for further details.
Please quote in application: Reconciliation Lead via Pro Bono Australia.