About the role
- Work with a team dedicated to creating a more equal world and ending poverty
- Based in Melbourne
- Full-time, permanent role
The Bequests and Mid Value Manager is responsible for the acquisition, retention and relationship management of CARE Australia’s ‘mid-value’ donors across various channels including direct mail, digital, telephone and one-to-one meetings. They are also responsible for the management of our Gifts in Wills program.
They will work closely with the Cash Giving Manager to ensure appropriate stewardship of Middle Value and Gift in Wills donors in direct marketing cash appeals or donor care activities.
They will also collaborate with the Philanthropy Manager to identify opportunities for upgrading mid value donors into the Major donor portfolio and work closely with the digital fundraising and marketing teams to develop marketing strategies for GIW acquisition.
The role holds accountability for the achievement of financial and non-financial performance targets related to our annual appeals program and will oversee the development of an annual strategy and budget relating to their program. Budget management and reporting against KPIs will be included in their responsibilities.
- Develop, implement and manage CARE’s mid-level donor program (individuals in the $500–$5,000 giving range), including establishing short-term and long-term strategies
- Develop and oversee the implementation of innovative, multi-channel stewardship strategies for the acquisition, retention and growth of mid-level supporters
- Utilise data-driven insights, commitment scoring and supporter surveys to determine priorities and to ensure approaches are stakeholder-centric
- Track all correspondence with mid-level supporters in CRM, maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Implement CARE’s Gift In Wills Program including development of proposition and collateral
- Work with the Donor Relations team to analyze CARE’s donor program and help develop strategies for renewing, and upgrading donors
- Develop shared KPIs for prospect and pipeline development
- Manage administration of legacy work including liaison with lawyers/administrators of estates, coordination of authority forms and representation of CARE in meetings with lawyers and other charities when an estate has been contested. Seek legal advice when estates are contested
Ideally you will have:
- 3-5 years in an individual giving or mid-level program capacity
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful strategies for supporter recruitment and retention
- Demonstrated ability to produce program and project documentation, such as strategy documents, creative briefs, data briefs, project plans, wrap-up reports, KPI reports
- Familiarity with complex data segmentation for large fundraising programs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deal calmly with pressure and deadlines and to communicate with diplomacy in all scenarios
- Collaborative team player able to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Ability to analyse and organise information to identify philanthropic patterns, tendencies, and relationships among supporters
- Demonstrated understanding of bequest programs, Estates and Wills
What we can offer you
- A flexible and supportive working environment
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- 17.5% leave loading
- Professional development and training opportunities
CARE Australia will seek information from job applicants’ previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment, and/or child abuse the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer. By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE Australia requesting the information specified above.
CARE Australia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people living with a disability and/or have lived experience of disability. We also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.
About the organisation
CARE is a leading international humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities.
How to apply
Please review the Candidate Information Pack at careaustralia.connxcareers.com/Job/ViewJobs and complete the online application form by clicking ‘Apply Now’. Please ensure you attach your CV and cover letter at the bottom of our application form. After submitting your application you will receive an automatic confirmation of receipt.
Questions about the role?
Please contact Alice Anwar, on 0468 684 329 or firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email applications to this address).
Applications Close: 11:59 pm (AEST), Sunday 1 August 2021
Please quote in application: Bequests and Mid Value Manager via Pro Bono Australia.