About the role
WOULD YOU LIKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO CONTRIBUTE TO A DYNAMIC FIRST NATIONS ORGANISATION?
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT ELEVATING THE SUCCESSES OF FIRST NATIONS PEOPLE?
IF YOUR ANSWERS ARE YES, THEN COMMUNITY FIRST DEVELOPMENT HAS THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU!
This is a unique opportunity to take ownership of this role and deliver a critical function for the organisation, with an immediate start in Alice Springs.
Reporting to the Regional Manager for the Northern Territory and South Australia, the Senior Community Development Officer position plays a key role in the delivery of our community development work with First Nations people and communities.
KEY DUTIES OF THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
- To engage with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and organisations, clients and volunteers to identify, implement and manage community development projects.
- To ensure that relationships with and between volunteers, First Nations communities and organisations, clients and other stakeholders are in accordance with Community First Development values and standards and contribute to achieving the outcomes anticipated by the projects undertaken.
- In conjunction with communities and volunteers undertake regular and detailed monitoring, recording and evaluation of all projects undertaken.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement in the organisation’s community development practice.
- Ensure that all community engagement and community development project activity and information is regularly and systematically recorded and reported.
- Support the recruitment, induction and screening of volunteers for projects and manage their deployment to projects and placement with communities.
- Based on the community engagement and community development work undertaken by the role, work collaboratively with and support the broader needs of the organisation in such areas as communications, research and supporter engagement.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with community groups
- Strong information technology and database management skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Skills or experience in volunteering, human and community development, capacity building or skills transfer projects
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery and coordination of projects in the context of First Nations communities
- Experience working with Urban, regional and or remote First Nations people, young people and children
- Experience working in community development, capacity building or skills transfer sectors
- Ability to travel in regional and remote Australia
- Current driver’s license, with no restrictions.
About the organisation
Community First Development is a national First Nations organisation. We facilitate community development and research projects with First Nations people and communities. We are passionate about First Nations communities reaching their potential and achieving their goals to improve quality of life, health and social and economic wellbeing. The cross-cultural connections that occur through our volunteering initiatives are also an important outcome of our work.
How to apply
All applications must include a CV and statement addressing the selection criteria and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 5pm Tuesday 10th August 2021. Please note screening and interviewing for this role will commence immediately. If you are intending to apply, please do so now.
Community First Development aims to be an employer of choice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and non-Indigenous Australians. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please quote in application: Senior Community Development Officer via Pro Bono Australia.