About the role
YWCA Australia is currently seeking a passionate Senior Community Housing Officer to join our Community Housing Team. This role is offered on a full time basis and is based in our South Melbourne office.
The Senior Community Housing Officer (SCHO) is essential to the delivery of high-quality tenancy services. The SCHO provides guidance and mentoring to Community Housing Officers and will provide support to the Team Leader while overseeing key funded programs.
The SCHO will also maintain tenancy systems, undertake data collection and analysis to ensure key KPI’s are met, provide advice and information to residents, and operate under the Victorian Residential Tenancies Act (RTA). You will operate within a team environment to achieve the organisational goals and objectives.
The ideal applicant we are seeking will have:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the community housing sector, or property related industry ensuring familiarity with community housing practices and procedures.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the Victorian Residential Tenancies Act.
- An awareness, understanding, and sensitivity to the needs of people who are in housing crisis, have disability, and diverse people from various cultures.
- Ability to maintain and manage tenancy data on various data bases – Chintaro and Excel.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Effective use of technology and software applications.
- High level organisational and administrative skills.
- Mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Victorian Driver’s License.
- YWCA Housing Employees in VIC must follow the relevant policies relating to family violence and information sharing under the Multi Agency Risk Assessment and Management (MARAM) Framework.
- This position will require the applicant to satisfactorily complete a national criminal history record check and hold the relevant state-based working with vulnerable persons permit prior to employment
About the organisation
YWCA Australia is a feminist not-for-profit organisation focused on improving gender equality for women, young women and girls. Together we challenge the systems, structures and policies that act as barriers to women, especially young women, achieving their full potential.
For 140 years we have stood for gender equality in all communities, transforming the lives of individual women, young women and girls. Cheered on by a fiercely passionate and supportive team, we shout loud and proud and our voices echo around the world in a global feminist movement.
How to apply
Join our bold, inclusive and innovative team to make a real difference - lead the change.
Click 'Apply Now' to submit your application.
Please quote in application: Senior Community Housing Officer via Pro Bono Australia.