About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Melbourne office for a Lawyer or Senior Lawyer to provide and oversee high quality legal advice and representation, and non-legal support. Lawyers work closely with Paralegal Support Workers to address the multitude of interrelated legal and non-legal issues faced by our clients, assisting them to access a variety of legal, social, psychological, cultural, health, financial and other support services.
Applicants are required to have a degree in Law and hold a legal practicing certificate in Victoria. Applicants who have had at least one year of practical experience in a community legal, family violence or justice related setting will be looked upon favorably.
Applicants who have the ability to effectively communicate and work with local Aboriginal communities and have knowledge of social justice issues within Aboriginal communities will be highly regarded. The demonstrated capacity to communicate emphatically and effectively with Aboriginal people and/or others who have experienced trauma is a necessity.
The salary on offer is between a SCHCADS Level 5 to Level 6, dependent on experience.”
- Conveniently located near public transport and nearby some great cafes and restaurants in Northcote
- Supportive and inclusive work environment
- Paid Parental Leave
- Extra annual leave given between Christmas and New Year
- Generous Salary Packaging options (Not For Profit Organisation)
- Employee Assistance Program with supportive, confidential counselling for personal and work concerns.
- Permanent full time position
- Generous Salary Packaging options (Not For Profit Organisation) and competitive salary on offer
About the organisation
Djirra supports Aboriginal women’s journey to safety and wellbeing, and provides legal and practical supports to Aboriginal people experiencing family violence across Victoria. Djirra is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation with a rich history, and we are growing our services across regional Victoria
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Lawyer or Senior Lawyer via Pro Bono Australia.