About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Professional development opportunities in a supportive environment
- The chance to make a genuine difference in people’s lives
- Full-time | Maximum Term position for 12 months
- Based in Metro Melbourne (Preference to be based in Mount Waverley)
Uniting Carer Services delivers a range of government funded carer support and client assistance programs across multiple metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria locations. These programs provide flexible respite support, early intervention, social support, and carer assistance. In early 2020 a consortium was established to deliver the Department of Social Services newly funded Carer Gateway service. As one of seven successful providers in the consortium, Uniting developed and implemented an operating model and a specialised workforce for the provision of Carer Gateway services which commenced in April 2020.
Uniting has several new exciting leadership positions available in Carer Services with a vision of maximizing the opportunities into the future for Uniting as a lead Carer Services agency and to develop a more effective and sustainable service delivery model that will benefit employees, consumers and partners.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Executive Officer Carer Services, the Senior Manager is responsible for the provision of leadership for one or more Managers, Team Leaders and other direct reports and has the accountability for the overall strategic management, workforce performance and development and budget management of Carer Services. The Senior Manager works together with the leadership team across the relevant programs to establish priorities and goals which align with the Uniting Strategic Plan and operational plan objectives.
As a Portfolio Lead the Senior Manager has responsibilities for Carer Gateway and Commonwealth Home Support Programs, including Communities of Practice and Project Management. Central to this position is building positive and lasting relationships with funding bodies, partner organisations, the broader community and Uniting Church Presbyteries and Congregations.
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a Bachelor level degree in a relevant professional discipline and at least three years’ experience in senior management with an ability to lead and develop successful teams
You will also have:
- Evidence of strong financial acumen and budget management skills.
- Technical / specialist skills relating to service delivery and program management
- Demonstrated ability to influence and participate in sector reform agendas / development
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and manage change, continuous quality improvement and staff capabilities
- Ability to grow services in response to community need or opportunity
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the following
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
- Address the Core selection criteria in the position description
Please Apply Immediately – Interviews will commence upon receipt of applications.
Applications close July 30 2021
Get in touch
For further information get in touch with Melissa Hulston – Recruitment Lead
T: 0432 185 226
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Senior Manager - Carer Services via Pro Bono Australia.