About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full Time, Ongoing role
About the opportunity
A unique opportunity to join our team at Uniting as the Senior Manager, Family Violence, responsible for the provision of leadership for one or more Managers, Team Leaders and other direct reports with accountability for the overall strategic management, performance and budgets of the family violence teams including Men’s Behaviour Change, Familes@Home, Integrated family Violence and family Safety Contact program areas. The Senior Manager works together with the leadership team across the above programs to establish priorities and goals which align with the Uniting Strategic Plan and operational plan objectives.
As a Portfolio Lead the Senior Manager has responsibilities across the Program stream, Communities of Practice and Project Management. Central to this position is building positive and lasting relationships with funding bodies, partner organisations, the broader community and Uniting Church Presbyteries and Congregations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor level in relevant professional discipline
- Masters level in management or equivalent (desirable).
- Management experience of 3 years or more and demonstrated ability to lead successful teams achieve outcomes.
- Evidence of high level financial and budget management skills.
- Knowledge of community networks and external bodies and uses them to support and enhance both services and opportunities for stakeholders.
- An in-depth understanding of Family Violence Reforms in Victoria
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work autonomously and confidently make decisions
- Strategic approach to leadership and business acumen
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Tuesday 3 August 2021
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Amanda Exley, Group Manager – Child, Youth and Family (Northern) – firstname.lastname@example.org
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: https://www.unitingvictas.org.au/
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Senior Manager, Family Violence via Pro Bono Australia.