About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full Time, Ongoing
- Oversee the volunteer operations of Uniting and lead the delivery of Volunteer Services strategy and projects
About the opportunity
The Senior Manager, Volunteer Services is responsible for developing Uniting’s Volunteering Strategy to attract, engage and retain a highly skilled volunteer workforce.
This role will work across the organisation with people leaders at all levels to ensure that a cohesive volunteering strategy is implemented and high-quality volunteer programs and services are delivered. As the Senior Manager, this position will develop, manage and implement volunteering projects, support funding applications and advise on strategic and operational plans.
We are seeking a passionate, experienced person to strategically manage and provide operational oversight to administer and develop a highly capable and engaged volunteer workforce.
In this challenging role, you will require a passion for supporting Uniting’s purpose and values, initiative and the ability to prioritise competing demands to achieve effective outcomes in a collaborative environment. The ability to work autonomously will be key to your success, as will the ability to lead by influence.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for a professional who has the following key skills and experiences:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in volunteer services, human resources, business (or equivalent) and post-graduate qualification in management/leadership (highly desirable)
- Significant experience (6+ years) in management of volunteers; with previous experience working for a not for profit organisation (highly regarded)
- Demonstrated ability to develop, lead and implement a broad range of contemporary volunteering strategic workforce planning strategies, programs, policies and operational practices to successfully support the strategic objectives of the business
- Proven experience in a large multi-faceted complex organisational context, with an emphasis on quality service delivery and results
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by emailing the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Wednesday 28 July 2021
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Shane Leversha – Head of People and Culture – email@example.com
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: https://www.unitingvictas.org.au/
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Manager, Volunteer Services via Pro Bono Australia.