About the role
We are Achieve Australia!
- Permanent and maximum term part-time roles
- Pay info: SCHADS award Level 3 plus Salary packaging and Superannuation
- Locations available: Various locations across all Achieve Australia sites
Deliver practice leadership advice to staff, role modelling desired behaviours and promoting active and individual support, monitoring implementation of Individual Support Plans and ensuring recommendations are accepted and socialised.
Support care staff in assisting clients to develop skills, maximise their independence, participate within the community and facilitate relationships, escalating training or other resourcing needs as required to ensure optimal client outcomes.
The role description for the Senior Support Worker is available below this advertisement.
To be successful you will have:
- Knowledge and understanding of issues affecting people with disability and their families.
- Certificate III in Disability or equivalent
- Current NSW Drivers’ License
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Working with Children Check
- NDIS worker check
Our benefits – Our employees are the champions of an inclusive world and in return we offer:
- Working as part of a team that makes a difference in people’s lives
- Access to Employee Assistance and Fitness Passport programs
- Supportive, friendly team environment and culture
The Selection Process:
Applicants interested in this opportunity are encouraged to submit their resume and answer a few short application questions, to help us understand more about you.
In determining suitability, you will be asked to complete an on-demand interview, psychometric assessment and attend an online assessment centre.
Pre-employment checks: Achieve Australia is committed to implement ing safer recruitment practices. This means we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support and staff are expected to share this commitment. Applications will be assessed on merit.
Candidates successful from the selection process will require to complete the following checks:
- Reference checks
- Police check (Please note criminal history does not immediately affect employment opportunities)
- Working with Children check
- NDIS Worker check
About the organisation
Achieve Australia has been providing services to people with disability since the 1950s. Today, we are a registered NDIS provider offering accommodation, community participation, supported employment and support coordination services in Greater Sydney and in Northern Rivers regions in NSW. We are driven by our Passion, Purpose and Principles:
- Our Passion is social inclusion for people with disability.
- Our Purpose is to build extraordinary lives, supporting people with disability to be well, have a home, choose a career, learn new skills, participate in their community and enjoy a full life.
- We live by our Principles of inclusiveness, stewardship, extraordinary outcomes and ethical practices.
How to apply
How to apply:
To register your interest apply online, provide an updated resume and respond to the application questions.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE at 11 pm on August 20, 2021
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and selection activities will begin right away. Don’t wait, apply today!
We have a Covid-19 Safety Plan in place including policies and procedures to support our clients and our workforce. The Covid-19 Management Committee meet on a regular basis to ensure our responses continue to be proactive and comprehensive, ensuring the safety of stakeholders at all times.
Please quote in application: Senior Support Worker via Pro Bono Australia.