About the role
SCHADS Classification Level 5-6, salary range $84,854.12 – $96,794.88 per annum (pro-rata) + superannuation, determined by relevant experience and qualifications.
This is a permanent position ideally based in Sydney.
At GetUp, we know our capacity to drive progressive change is increased when our team has a diversity of backgrounds and experience – and especially comes from a background of lived experience on the issues we work on.
The Social Media Lead will be someone who embraces building a community on social platforms as well as creating opportunities to reach and engage new audiences. You’ll be a trend whisperer, someone who can anticipate evolving digital trends and jump on them before the news cycle does.
Reporting to the Content Director and working closely with GetUp Campaigners and the Creative Team, this role will ensure we distribute content that aligns with GetUp’s content strategy, to engage and grow our social media community. The Social Media Lead will bring; an understanding of audiences across platforms, experience in writing copy for socials, as well as a demonstrated track record of social strategy implementation.
What working at GetUp means
- Delivering our digital community with content that has an impact;
- Access to learning and development opportunities so you can hone your skills as a social media expert;
- Other entitlements to keep you happy and healthy, including six weeks holidays per year and study leave;
- Flexible working arrangements.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drafting, devising and reviewing creative and brand strategy in accordance with team goals and organisational strategy;
- Leading the approval and scheduling of high performing organic and paid digital content in coordination with campaigners and creatives;
- Proactively lead the strategic distribution and moderation of digital content across new and existing platforms in line with GetUp’s content strategy;
- Ensuring timely and effective testing, analysis, reporting and response to data trends of organic and paid content;
- Leading the discovery of new audiences across digital platforms;
- Contributing to a strong team culture of experimentation, innovation and evaluation;
- Leading from within the content team to execute its strategy and meet its goals;
- Supervising or managing staff to success as required.
You will be someone who:
- Is passionate about growing and strengthening a movement of everyday people committed to creating change on a range of hot button issues;
- Has demonstrated experience devising and implementing social media strategies;
- Has demonstrated experience growing audiences on variety of social media platforms;
- Has experience working with internal and external stakeholders to produce high performing social content;
- Has a proven ability to write engaging and compelling copy for different social media platforms;
- Loves the internet – the kind of person who can pick great content when you see it and is excited by ways to optimise content;
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environments where your priorities can be impacted by forces beyond your control; and
- At least four years relevant experience.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in UX and/or designing journeys to move social media audience into more engaged supporters;
- Qualification in Advertising, Marketing, Communications or other relevant fields;
- Experience or skills in video editing and/or graphic design;
- Management experience; and
- Experience working in politics, media, or advertising.
If these criteria speak to you, you could be the perfect person for the job. Formal education, qualifications and extensive experience matter less to us than excellence, initiative and drive.
Applications will close at 9am Monday 2 August 2021.
About the organisation
Who is GetUp?
The GetUp movement is powered by the values and hopes of one million members, movement partners and a central team of expert strategists. We work together to take action for extraordinary impact.
We focus our campaigns on the areas our members care about most in the fields of First Nations Justice, Environmental Justice, Human Rights, Economic Fairness, and Democratic Integrity. From making sure hundreds of thousands of people are able to vote in elections, to successfully stopping major projects threatening the Great Barrier Reef, or fighting against a regime of deterrence for people seeking asylum – we have a decade-long history of mobilising our movement for change.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Social Media Lead via Pro Bono Australia.