About the role
- Be an agent of change by leading a national programs team as they deliver best practice Youth Mentoring for over 2,000 at-risk young people Australia wide
- Fixed 12-month contract position 30 hours
- Work in a growing not for profit
To help us achieve our exciting growth plan, we are looking for an exceptional person to step into the role of State Program Manager – NSW/ACT in Sydney for 30 hours per week.
To lead the delivery of our best practice mentoring programs and implement our growth strategy for NSW and ACT by managing the teams who deliver our programs in schools and communities, and representing various functions of our organisation such as Marketing, Partnerships, Evaluation, Training, Volunteers and Human Resources.
It’s important that you have people management experience, and experience running community programs for young people, preferably in mentoring.
You will bring:
- Relevant Degree qualifications in psychology, counselling, social work, business or commerce
- At least 3 years of relevant management experience of people and programs
- Experience and connections working with government departments that focus on education, community and youth.
- Experience managing large government contracts
- Operations management experience across all functions of an organisation preferred
- Exceptional ability to engage, motivate, coach and manage a team, must be an inclusive leader and a strong people manager with outstanding interpersonal relationship skills
- Program management experience and a passion for ensuring effective outcomes and impact
- Strong capability to represent Raise to corporate, government, community and education partners
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills with solid administration and reporting expertise
- Comprehensive understanding of CRMs such as Salesforce and their reporting capabilities
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office365 and cloud-based systems such as One Drive or Google Drive, essential
- Comprehensive understanding of Mandatory Reporting requirements for working with young people
- Completion of Raise selection process including Youth Safety Checks, must hold a current Working with Children (Employee) Check and National Crime Check
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of mentoring programs, preferred
- Experience as a Raise Mentor or Program Counsellor, desirable
Six values that express our shared understanding of what we believe, how we would like others to see our personality, what we aspire to as an organisation, and how we aim to behave:
Be Courageous – we are imaginative, driven, progressive, confident
Show Heart – we are kind, passionate, sincere, empathetic
Give Respect – we believe in acceptance, equity, inclusivity
Apply Integrity – we operate with authenticity, accountability, transparency
Bring Vitality – we are positive, fun, energetic, inspiring
Deliver Excellence – we are evidence-based, responsive, consistent, experts in our industry
About the organisation
At Raise we exist to help young people. We do one thing, and we do it really well – youth mentoring.
Our best-practice, school-based program is proven to make positive and sustained change. Mentoring empowers young people to be resilient, connected and hopeful for the future. We match trained volunteers with teenagers who would benefit most from an independent, caring adult who is there to listen – and be there just for them.
Our early intervention youth mentoring program is currently in over 150 high schools across Australia. This translates to over 2,000 young people matched with a qualified mentor, and we are growing each year.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: State Programs Manager via Pro Bono Australia.