About the role
- Causal opportunities based in Canberra, ACT
- SCHADS 2.2, Schedule B ($37.54 per hour)
- Support individuals to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in their own community
- Rewarding role in a community setting
- Access to ongoing support and development/training opportunities
- Attractive Salary Packaging benefits available
As a Support Worker, you will deliver a variety of services to participants to support them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community. Your working day may include (but not limited to),
assistance and or support with daily life, including personal care, domestic activities, social and community participation and varying skill development activities, social and community participation and varying skill development activities.
Open availability is highly regarded, however not essential.
You’re a passionate, empathetic and caring individual who is looking to make an invaluable positive impact on the lives of others. You relish a challenge and new experience. You’re calm, collected and resilient in the face of adversity and are looking to carry these qualities with you to the front line to start helping those in need. You are an independent, proactive thinker and worker but are also able to follow direction/s given by your managers and can work within a tight-knit team. You may also
be required to support the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) program, at the request of your employer. If this is you, you’re in luck!
We have the perfect opportunity for you to do all of these things right here, with us.
What you need:
- Minimum Certificate 3 in Mental Health, Disability, Aged Care, Home and Community Care or related fields (Desired, but not essential)
- A current valid Driver’s License and a registered, insured vehicle
- Satisfactory Police Records Check (less than 12 months old)
- Working with Vulnerable People Card, prior to commencement
- NDIS Orientation Certificate
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Applicants having experience and knowledge in psychosocial disability will be at an advantage
- Manual Handling training would be desired
About the organisation
How to apply
Here's your chance to do great things. Don't let it slip by, apply now by visiting our careers page:
https://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5586098.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Tehla Geiger on 02 6251 4599.
Applications close 9th August 2021 - close of business.
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their
Please quote in application: Support Worker via Pro Bono Australia.