About the role
Are you passionate about providing tailored access to quality services?
Be part of a progressive, values-based organisation!
- Full time, 18-month contract
- Thomastown and Heidelberg Locations; on the lands of Wurundjeri People
An exciting opportunity exists within our Intake & Engagement team. As a highly motivated individual you will be managing a team that is often the first point of contact, conducting consultations and assessments to determine eligibility and triage families into programs according to their level of risk, safety and need. This involves responding to the needs of children, young people, and families who are affected by family violence, sexual abuse, child wellbeing and other social issues.
The Intake and Engagement Team Leader is expected to utilise a therapeutic and trauma informed approach with parents, caregivers, children, and other stakeholders across all services. The successful candidate will have proven capabilities in the following areas:
- Leadership and management skills to facilitate skilful, tailored screening and risk/safety assessment to ensure that families receive the appropriate service provision
- Ability to engage, assess and triage clients in an effective, safe, and timely manner (including crisis calls and unannounced walk ins)
- Skills and experience in providing case consultation to other Kids First staff and stakeholders at point of referral that is safe and responsive to diversity of clients and colleagues
- Build relationships within the centres’ local community and actively engage in opportunities to provide programs within its’ community
To be successful in this role you will need tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology, OT, mental health / AOD or similar field is required.
You will be rewarded with a collaborative and outcomes focussed culture, career and professional development in specialist evidence based practice models, such as work flexibility, staff wellbeing program, and an attractive salary including the opportunity to salary package to increase take home pay.
About the organisation
With a proud history and a progressive mindset, Kids First is a leading provider of educational, family and support services for children and families in Melbourne. We are at the forefront of responding to community needs and strengthening families so that children can thrive. Our programs are evidence-based and built on more than 120 years of service.
How to apply
Only applications submitted via our website will be considered. Please include a Cover letter outlining the position title and response addressing the selection criteria & a copy of the Curriculum Vitae which
must list two professional referees.
To view full Position Description or to apply, please visit the Kids First website at:
https://kidsfirst.recruitmenthub.com.au/Careers & enter ref code: 5565023.
For any further enquiries about the position, please contact Jackie Bateman, General Manager - Evidence Informed Practice on 0448 148 631.
Kids First is an Equal Opportunity employer that respects and values diversity and inclusion. Kids First
welcomes everyone to apply, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation,
religious affiliation, and physical ability. Kids First is a Child Safe Organisation, employment is conditional on satisfactory referee checks, a current Working with Children Check, National Criminal History check, proof of the right to work in Australia and a pre-employment medical (if applicable)
Please quote in application: Team Leader Intake & Engagement via Pro Bono Australia.