About the role
GetUp is looking for a Videographer to shoot, edit and script engaging, spicy and informative videos while also undertaking a range of other creative projects as part of GetUp’s Creative Team.
SCHADS Classification Level 4 salary range is $74,172.28 – $79,807.52 per annum (pro-rata) + superannuation, determined by relevant experience and qualifications.
This is a fixed term contract to work on the upcoming federal election. This contract will end on 27/05/2022 or two weeks after the Federal Election, whichever of these dates comes first.
This position is ideally based in Sydney.
At GetUp, we know our capacity to drive progressive change is increased when our team has a diversity of backgrounds and experience. We are always actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply.
Who are the Creative Team
GetUp’s Creative Team is a small, high performance team of designers, videographers and social media specialists. Creative staff support our campaigns with innovative and cut-through creative content – taking the lead on scripting and project managing TV ad productions, crafting bespoke UX journeys for key audiences, or building online storytelling content that rallies our progressive base.
Through eye-catching and engaging content, the Creative Team gives people important outlets to get the word out and make a difference on our campaigns.
As a Creative at GetUp, you will be responsible for:
- Producing and executing high quality creative campaign and brand collateral;
- Working with campaigners to generate creative content ideas and innovate new ways to incorporate them into our campaigns;
- Executing, monitoring and moderating content on a range of social media platforms;
- Participating in a strong team culture of experimentation, innovation, evaluation and learning;
- Supervising other staff and/or volunteers as required.
You will be someone who:
- Is passionate about growing and strengthening a movement of everyday people committed to creating change on a range of hot button issues;
- Can drive the end-to-end creation of quality video content that speaks to diverse audiences across a range of platforms, including video shooting, post-production and editing know-how;
- Has excellent writing skills to draft up a punchy script – and then make it a reality;
- Is an Adobe Suite whiz, specifically After Effects, Premier and Photoshop;
- Is a creative, innovative and collaborative worker who thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment and can handle attention to detail across a number of different projects on any given day;
- Loves the internet – the kind of person who can pick great content when you see it and is excited by ways to optimise content;
- Is a team player – always endeavouring to be a positive force within an inclusive workplace environment and takes the initiative going above and beyond to get the job done; and
- Has at least two years professional experience working in an office environment.
Bonus points for:
- Experience managing social media channels
- Experience in GetUp-style online campaigning;
- Being a politics nerd; and
- Experience working in the media cycle.
If even a couple of these criteria speak to you, you could be the perfect person for the job. Formal education, qualifications and extensive experience matter less to us than excellence, initiative and drive.
Please apply by 9am Friday 27th August 2021
About the organisation
Who is GetUp
The GetUp movement is powered by the values and hopes of everyday people. We combine the power of over one million members, movement partners and a central team of expert strategists to make extraordinary impact.
We focus our campaigns on the areas our members care about most in the fields of Environmental Justice, Human Rights, Economic Fairness, First Nations Justice and Democratic Integrity. From making sure hundreds of thousands of people are able to vote in elections, to successfully stopping major projects threatening the Great Barrier Reef, or securing billions of dollars in new funding for mental health – we have a decade-long history of taking on powerful interests, and winning.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Videographer via Pro Bono Australia.