About the role
We are Achieve Australia!
- Opportunities available for the maximum term and permanent – part-time roles
- Modern Nurses Award – Assistant in Nursing and Superannuation
- NFP Salary packaging benefits – up to $18,550 per year
- Base locations: Summer Hill, North Ryde, Kellyville, Llandilo, Guilford, Wentworthville.
Undertake routine processes and procedures to assist in providing clients with quality client nursing and disability support services, taking a person-centred approach in line with the customer service framework and in compliance with the organisation’s policies, processes and procedures, to meet the National Standards for Disability Services and all regulatory and legislative requirements.
Achieve Australia supports a workplace that embraces all people’s unique contributions and fosters social inclusion through the experience of belonging. Aboriginal Australians and people from diverse backgrounds and cultures are encouraged to apply for this job.
As an AIN you will use your enthusiasm and experience to support independence for people with disability in all aspects of life. This includes – but is not limited to activities like – personal care, domestic and daily living support, budgeting, shopping, cooking and community participation.
To be successful in this role you will be required to address the following selection criteria:
- Certificate III in Disability or equivalent
- Understanding and commitment to the Disability Service Standards and WHS;
- Understanding of human rights and the challenges facing those with a disability;
- Experience in working with and supporting individuals who have challenging behaviours and/or complex needs;
- Sound interpersonal, role modelling and customer service skills;
- Ability to problem solve and adapt to changing environments;
- Current NSW Working with Children Check and NSW Driver’s Licence ( Full); and
- Experience in working with and supporting adults deemed as having significant complexity in their lives.
Our benefits – Our employees are the champions of an inclusive world and in return we offer:
· Working as part of a team that makes a difference in people’s lives
· Access to Employee Assistance and Fitness Passport programs
· Supportive, friendly team environment and culture
Please contact us if you have any questions about this position, would like to discuss any reasonable adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment process, or require an alternate method of submitting your application:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Come online to talk with our staff via the Chatbot on our Careers page https://achieveaustralia.org.au/about-us/careers/
- Join one of our information sessions to get to know more about this role and our selection process: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/AA/e/3bgpQ
Pre-employment checks: Achieve Australia is committed to implementing safer recruitment practices. This means we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support and staff are expected to share this commitment.
Candidates successful from the selection process will require to complete the following checks:
- Reference checks
- Police check (Please note criminal history does not immediately affect employment opportunities)
- NDIS WC
- First Aid Certificate
- Medical assessment
About the organisation
Achieve Australia has been providing services to people with disability since the 1950s. Today, we are a registered NDIS provider offering accommodation, community participation, supported employment and support coordination services in Greater Sydney and in Northern Rivers regions in NSW.
- Our Passion is social inclusion for people with disability.
- Our Purpose is to build extraordinary lives, supporting people with disability to be well, have a home, choose a career, learn new skills, participate in their community and enjoy a full life.
- We live by our Principles of inclusiveness, stewardship, extraordinary outcomes and ethical practices.
How to apply
To register your interest apply online, providing an updated resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Applications will be assessed on merit.
If this sounds like you and you want to make a difference in people’s lives, 'APPLY NOW!'
We have a Covid-19 Safety Plan in place including policies and procedures to support our clients and our workforce. The Covid-19 Management Committee meet on a regular basis to ensure our responses continue to be proactive and comprehensive, ensuring the safety of stakeholders at all times.
Please quote in application: Assistant in Nursing via Pro Bono Australia.