About the role
Distinctive Options is well known for its customer service and providing quality care to its participants. We now have an exciting opportunity for a passionate, driven BDM to spearhead the business as well as manage all supported employment business services operated by Distinctive Options, including any Australian Disability Enterprises or social enterprises as part of the Business Development unit.
In the short-term, it is expected that the BDM will also oversee all independent living support options provided by Distinctive Options through supported accommodation services, respite and 1-on-1 supports not provided by DO Connect Support Services.
Reporting into the CEO, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Create a disciplined business development strategy to guarantee that we are acknowledged as the community’s preferred provider.
- Build and maintain a viable customer channel that supports our sites to run at full capacity
- Providing advice and information to potential participants, carers, parents and families on a range of services
- Support the teams to ensure our offerings support both participants and our business growth.
- Develop relationships with participants across our network to ensure they are accessing our range of comprehensive services available
To receive a copy of the Position Description or ask any questions, please contact Monica Lazaro, Human Resources Administrator at email@example.com.
- You will have prior experience establishing a long-term sales strategy that is supported by company growth plans in order to reach and maintain the strategy’s objectives. You will also produce business proposals and responses to service tenders.
- An in-depth knowledge of disability services
- You will have knowledge and skills to effectively manage a team
- A minimum of five years’ experience in business development roles or similar roles.
- Proven success growing and closing business opportunities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence to drive successful outcomes
- Previous experience in a sales/business development position
- Experience in key leadership roles relating to Customer Experience
- Knowledge of the health sector and in-home health service opportunities is highly desirable
- Following industry trends locally and internationally
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and consultation skills
- Great ability to build connection with participants in order to provide personalised solutions to them
- Good computer skills and ability to travel across the Vic region
- Grow services and employment options that build viable income streams.
- Ability to see future trends and pathways that can contribute to organisational success and strategic objectives.
- You will have high resilience and adaptability to stay the course with a
- You will have great attention to detail
- Ability to perceive the system in which we operate and its component parts from any vantage point.
- Proven track record of success in business development role, with demonstrated ability to identify, establish and maintain relationships.
- Have great interpersonal skills, and demonstrated capacity to build and maintain positive relationships with participants, families, supporters and the wider community.
- Demonstrated capacity to work autonomously, identify and problem solve on a daily or ‘as required’ basis.
- Establish and support community connections and relationships for service users.
- Good time management skills.
- Be able to manage stressful situations and occurrences in a calm and professional manner.
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams.
- Managing and retaining relationships with business partners, participants and families.
The BDM must undertake prior to commencement in the position:
- A current medical examination as required by Distinctive Options.
- Complete the on-line NDIS Worker Orientation modules.
- Complete the on-line NDIS Worker Screening.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other related field, or, substantial commensurate experience in similar roles in this field.
What We Offer
- A competitive remuneration package, including a vehicle, salary sacrifice and generous leave entitlements.
- A supportive team environment.
- Flexible work hours and days.
- Exceptional professional development options.
- Capacity to volunteer for community events
- Innovation in service development.
About the organisation
Distinctive Options is a not-for-profit organisation operating in Sunbury for more than 30 years, with locations now active in Melton City Shire, Wyndham vale, Werribee, City of Greater Bendigo, Brimbank Shire and Macedon Ranges. Our aim is to improve the quality of life for people with a disability and their family.
Distinctive Options is committed to ensuring the safety of all children, young people and vulnerable adults, and will undertake all required steps to ensure their safety, welfare and wellbeing. The successful applicant is required to undergo mandatory probity checks which include Reference Checks, plus specific NDIS Screening and other requirements before commencement. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.
Distinctive Options is committed to providing support that is based on best practice, is developmentally appropriate and
How to apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in applying for this role. Please submit your application to Monica Lazaro, HR Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote in application: Business Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.