About the role
As one of 6 Case Manager – Supportive Housing Workers you will provide high quality case management and service coordination to assist clients to access housing, settle in their new home and community, and stay housed.
A typical day will see you outreach to clients, helping them establish a new home, connect to community, make referrals, navigate services, record case notes, provide advocacy, and use a sustaining tenancies approach with housing partners.
We’re looking for someone
- Excited to assist in the implementation of a new program.
- Passionate about sustaining tenancies and ending homelessness in Melbourne.
- Highly skilled in case management & outreach
- With a range of skills from other similar programs from around Australia
You can look forward to
- Maximum term part time role(12 month contract-subject to funding).
- Salary packaging expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax
- Structured training and professional development and regular line supervision
- Contributing to the collective impact of Sacred Heart Mission’s client services
- Based in the heart of vibrant St Kilda and within walking distance to Fitzroy Street, Acland Street and St Kilda beach.
About the organisation
Your future workplace
The GreenLight Plus Program is provided by Sacred Heart Mission. You will be supporting people with a history of chronic homelessness and currently in hotel emergency accommodation due to Covid 19, to access housing, stay housed and build community connection. GreenLight Plus provides specific support to sustain tenancies and will link people to support services for underlying health and other issues that may impact on people staying housed. We do this in partnership with The Salvation Army and Housing Choices Australia. You will be based in the heart of St Kilda supporting clients across the South and North regions of Melbourne.
How to apply
Come and Work with us
To join our team, simply apply now.
For more information about the role, contact Dom Caesar, Program Coordinator Greenlight Plus 0456 946 625
Closing date for applications: 5pm, 26 September 2021
SHM is committed to equal employment opportunities for all people regardless of age, gender, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation. We recognise the strength and value in diversity, and actively foster an inclusive workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
All appointments are subject to Police Checks and certain roles require additional pre-screening as outlined in the position description. All NDIS roles will require a NDIS Worker Screening (NDIS) check. Individuals placed on the DWEL will not be engaged by Sacred Heart Mission.
Please quote in application: Case Manager – Supportive Housing Worker – Part time via Pro Bono Australia.