About the role
The CEO is responsible for determining the strategic direction of the organisation, carefully balancing CRL’s impact agenda with the ability to deliver operational excellence and maintain commercial strength.
The new CEO will have the commercial nous to ensure the organisation catches up to its size and complexity following a period of growth. The CEO will strengthen operations, consolidate commercial arrangements and bring people together to collectively amplify the organisation’s impact.
Experience, knowledge and skills
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A genuine commitment to people and the planet through employment and community development. Experience in social enterprise and/or waste management is highly desirable.
- Experience in working with a board to develop a high-quality strategic plan and a demonstrated capability in the effective implementation of strategic and operational plans.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, governance excellence.
- An inspiring and visionary leadership style that will motivate all stakeholders including staff, the Board, community partners, funders, those with barriers to employment, and the local communities more broadly.
- The ability to develop robust financial and commercial plans, and budgets to support the strategic plan ensuring financial strength and growth and managing risk.
- A commitment to ensuring CRL’s work through its enterprises are both high quality and high value.
- Leadership credibility and experience in developing meaningful relationships across stakeholder groups.
- A commitment to developing Aboriginal leadership.
- The ability to represent CRL as a capable and inspiring leader.
About the organisation
Community Resources Limited (CRL) is here to make a difference. Since its inception over 30 years ago CRL has created hundreds of jobs through the establishment and operation of three social enterprises: Green Connect, Soft Landing and Resource Recovery Australia. These entities exist to create meaningful job opportunities for those facing hardship, whilst also keeping waste out of landfill, growing and distributing fair food, and providing community service to those who need it most. CRL balances social enterprises with its place-based community services Helping Hands, Home Base, Great Lakes & Manning Youth Homelessness Service, and WasteAid.
CRL has grown through acquisitions and amalgamations and a key priority for the next phase of evolution is to appoint a leader who can build the narrative to bring the operations together to look and feel like one community-orientated, sustainable social enterprise. The Board is looking for a leader who has a proven track record of leading an organisation from an operational and financial perspective, but of equal importance, will have the ability to lead a shift in the culture and perceptions of staff and stakeholders.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer: Community Resources via Pro Bono Australia.