About the role
Position Title: Chief Operations Officer
Location: Fitzroy North 3068
Salary: Commensurate based on experience
Tenure: Ongoing, full time (flexible work arrangements)
Hours of employment: 38 hours per week
Conditions of employment: In accordance with SCHADS Award 2010
The Chief Operations Officer (COO) is responsible for the day-to-day management of the AMWCHR under the supervision and responsibility of the CEO. The COO is a keen problem solver who understands the importance of planning, monitoring and reporting and works effectively and collaboratively in the Management Team.
The Chief Operations Officer:
- is responsible for managing operations and oversight of the development, delivery, monitoring and review of all organisational activities.
- is required to continuously improve the capacity of the organisation to develop and deliver programs, services and projects to the highest professional standards.
- ensure that internal policies, procedures and managerial structures support optimal organisational performance
- prepares all final organisational reporting to funding bodies.
- implements strategic priorities to maximise the delivery of services and ensure business development for the organisation.
- has daily management responsibility for problem-solving, maintaining staff morale, meeting accountability requirements and developing external relationships.
The COO role has an internal focus and is expected to maximise the performance of the organisation and to promote innovation, openness, accountability, and professionalism.
The role has responsibility for sound and proactive management and is expected to continuously improve the capacity of the organisation to develop and deliver responsive programs and services to the highest professional standards. The ability to successfully manage a range of complex and competing demands is essential to this role.
Whilst the CEO is the most senior staff position, the COO will also work closely and collaboratively with the Board to ensure effective accountability and reporting.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage anyone who identifies as a Muslim woman to apply.
About the organisation
Who are we?
The Australian Muslim Women’s Centre for Human Rights (AMWCHR) is a Victoria-based, Australia wide human rights organisation supporting and advocating for the rights and status of Muslim women in Australia since its inception nearly 30 years ago.
We work to achieve Equality without Exception. We advocate for the rights of all Muslim women through our community programs, casework, research, publications and consultancy.
We work for the rights of Muslim women in Australia by:
- Empowering women’s self-determination
- Bringing a human rights approach to bear on issues of inequality and disadvantage
- Working with individuals, communities and government to advocate and educate for equality within the Australian context.
We do this through:
- Working with any woman who identifies as Muslim, accepting diversity in thought and practice
- Developing and delivering community programs and services which achieve our purpose
- Providing casework and practical support, including information and referral services
- Empowering Muslim women, by, for example, increasing self-confidence, self-esteem, independence, leadership and education
- Raising awareness and informing Muslim Women, the community, social welfare services, the government and other key stakeholders of the issues facing Muslim Women, their causes and ways to through research, policy and advocacy
- Assisting other service providers to achieve better outcomes for Muslim Women.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Operations Officer via Pro Bono Australia.