About the role
Do you want to join a dynamic, inclusive and customer focused team?
We are currently looking for a Clinical Care and Governance Manager to design, implement, continuously monitor, and review a clinical governance and quality framework that ensures obligations across the Aged Care and Disability industry quality standards are met.
This brand new standalone senior level role is an exciting opportunity to create new ways of working, and drive change throughout the organisation and our provider partners. This is a full time, 2-year fixed term contract role, based within our Chatswood office with the opportunity for flexible hybrid working from home/office.
Your key deliverables in this role will be:
- Create and implement quality and governance frameworks (including all policies and work instructions) that promote best practice and safe, effective person-centred care, ensuring that all service provision aligns with relevant regulatory, quality standards and governance frameworks.
- Design and implement a QA system for clinical/care services that embeds ongoing continual review of quality, risk mitigation and improves care outcomes.
- Establish and lead QA reporting (including to committees and the Board) ensuring that learning is shared from incidents, practice development initiatives, and latest clinical evidence. Lead, and prepare the organisation for Quality accreditation audits.
- Conduct needs analysis, develop and deliver clinical staff supervision, learning programs and resources to ensure knowledge and competency across Your Side and our partners relating to quality and clinical care.
- Complete Clinical quality audits of our clients receiving clinical care, and observe clinical care of complex or high risk clients.
- Proven track record in managing Care Governance & Quality within aged care or disability
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience – eg Registered Nurse AHPRA registration and previous supervisory experience
- Excellent knowledge of quality improvement methodologies and clinical governance frameworks
- Significant experience in policy writing and review.
- Strong understanding of health and community care systems, including challenges and opportunities, including regulatory and policy context
- Demonstrated experience of successfully leading complex organisational change, and solid understanding of change management methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in skill assessment, development, delivery and evaluation of staff supervision and training
- Demonstrated collaborative work approach and commitment to high quality service provision
About the organisation
Your Side Australia is a leading provider of support services for older people, people living with disability, mental health, and carers throughout Sydney. Established 30 years ago, we’ve kept our commitment to give people greater choice and to enhance their independence and wellbeing.
Your Side is a one stop shop to arrange the care and support that allows people and families to get on with living a good life.
Your Side is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know our team and our organisation are stronger with a diversity of backgrounds and experience, including lived experience of the issues we work on. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from different cultural backgrounds, LGBTQIA+ communities, and people living with a disability.
The Your Side environment is inclusive, dedicated and fun. We bring our whole selves to work, and share a passion for helping people to live their best life. By consciously developing a culture that’s accountable, honest, and warm for our staff, we also ensure quality of service for our clients.
- The opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives working for a leading NFP
- Salary packaging up to $15,860 per annum
- Meal/entertainment benefits up to $2,650 per annum
- Flexible working arrangements (including WFH)
- Modern bright offices, conveniently located close to Chatswood station
- Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria. We are interviewing candidates immediately as they apply. If you are interested, please submit your application today! If you have any questions or require further information please contact Simon on 1300 134 332.
Recruitment agencies need not apply.
Please quote in application: Clinical Care and Governance Manager via Pro Bono Australia.