About the role
Merri Health – Clinical Psychologist or Health Psychologist (Grade 2); Chronic Pain Service
- Up to 0.4 EFT; Fixed Term, Part Time position until 15th July 2022 (Parental Leave Cover Position)
- Flexible working arrangements considered
- Site: Bell Street, Coburg, other Merri Health Sites as required
- Join a newly established multidisciplinary team in developing and delivering an innovative, evidence based Chronic Pain Service within a community health setting
Your new role
The Chronic Pain Service is an exciting project funded via the NWM-PHN. It is an innovative multidisciplinary service provided within a Community Health setting and developed and delivered in partnership with the Northern Hospital and Royal Melbourne Hospital whom also provide the medical component of this service in the community. You will be working as part of this leading-edge multidisciplinary team to provide direct, comprehensive, high quality and evidence based psychological services to clients who are referred to the Chronic Pain Service.
As the Grade 2 Clinical Psychologist or Health Psychologist in the Chronic Pain Service at Merri Health, you will be responsible for:
- Providing high quality, evidence based psychological services for clients who are experiencing chronic pain on both an individual and group basis
- Independently undertaking comprehensive psychological assessments and delivering targeted, time limited, evidence-based psychological interventions to clients in the Chronic Pain Service.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team to complete goal directed and comprehensive care planning and case conferencing to ensure effective management of client’s needs.
- Actively participating in upskilling and sharing your knowledge and expertise regarding chronic pain management with the staff at Merri Health and other stakeholders.
- Participating in further refinement and evaluation of the service.
- Maintaining activity data and accurate, up to date clinical records to a high standard
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Minimum master’s level degree in Clinical or Health Psychology and current AHPRA registration as a psychologist
- Practice Endorsement in Clinical Psychology or Health Psychology
- Experience in the provision of evidence based psychological services related to chronic pain management
- Clinical Skills in evidence based psychological assessment and intervention
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a multidisciplinary team, with an ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
About the organisation
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
What we offer
This is an opportunity to be involved in an innovative Chronic Pain Service in a community health setting. The Service collaborates with both primary and tertiary services to deliver services along a continuum of care to clients experiencing chronic pain. You will be working with a motivated and experienced multi-disciplinary team, in a community health setting to deliver high quality health care to our community.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
How to apply
What you need to do now
If this position captures your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you would like to review the position description or have any questions about the role please refer to our Career Portal for further information.
Merri Health will only accept applications that are submitted via our Career Portal.
What else do I need to know
Preferred candidates will be subject to comprehensive reference and pre-employment background checking conducted by Merri Health prior to an offer of employment, including criminal record history check, disability worker exclusion scheme check and other employee screening and credential checks as determined by the position description.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQA+ community and those living with a disability to apply.
Please quote in application: Clinical/Health Psychologist via Pro Bono Australia.