About the role
- Vinnies Bushfire Recovery and Community Development Program: Supporting and Empowering Communities.
- Hourly rates start from $42.94 on SCHCADS Award Level 5.
- Opportunity to make a difference in a purpose-led organisation.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
The Vinnies Bushfire Recovery and Community Development Program is supporting bushfire-impacted communities that are still dealing with the impacts of the bushfire crisis. As a Coordinator, you will work on the next stage of recovery that is focused on rebuilding community cohesion and improving individual sense of wellbeing.
You will need to be a proactive and well-organised person who can oversee the planning and implementation of a longer-term program of support and activities. Additionally, you will need to have excellent people skills and be able to build relationships, listen to the ideas of the community and turn those into actions. Local knowledge and project management experience are highly desirable.
The role involves regular travel in the local area and possibly beyond and is part of a broader team working across the state. It has flexible working conditions and provision for transport.
Reporting to the Manager, Bushfire Recovery and Community Development, your responsibilities include:
- Engage with communities and key stakeholders to gather their input into a community development program and develop local activity plans.
- Facilitate and coordinate community activities, events and trainings designed to develop relevant skills and empower communities on the road to recovery.
- Collaborate with Vinnies membership, as well as with NGOs and local government agencies for support in implementing recovery strategies and initiatives.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of activities relating to program implementation and assess their impact to communities.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in community development or community services.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating community consultations.
- Demonstrated experience in project management including budgeting and financial reporting.
- Experience in developing and implementing events and activities within a community setting.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and working with volunteers.
- Ability to travel regularly and hold a valid NSW driver’s licence.
About the organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services, whose mission it is to shape a more just and compassionate society.
How to apply
If this sounds like, apply now! Please attach your resume and your responses to the role-specific criteria outlined in the Position Description. Please click here for Information on how to apply.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please email John Fenech (Manager) on firstname.lastname@example.org, quote: Coordinator, Bushfire Recovery /VIN2313.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People. Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check, Working with Children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, and mature aged applicants.
Please quote in application: Coordinator – Bushfire Recovery and Community Development via Pro Bono Australia.