About the role
We’re looking for a highly motivated and customer service orientated individual to join our fast paced and dynamic Customer Service Team. You will have a can-do attitude and are a team player, able to use your initiative to ensure our donors receive exceptional service.
You will provide superior customer service to our supporters and donors, efficient processing of donations whilst maintaining the integrity of the our database. Your contribution will enable The Leprosy Mission Australia (TLMA) to be effective through efficient back office administration and support.
You will have
- The ability to work within and contribute to the Mission/Values of The Leprosy Mission.
- An understanding of and commitment to customer service.
- Excellent organisational and administration skills, including accuracy in data entry and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience with database systems.
- Excellence in customer service including verbal & written communication such as telephone, mail & email.
- Attributes of patience and understanding.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
It helps to have
- A qualification in Customer Service, Administration or a related field.
- An understanding of the not-for-profit sector.
- Experience with the following programs: CRM, Retail Express, ThankQ.
- Experience with e-commerce programs eWay and SecurePay.
About the organisation
The Leprosy Mission Australia engages donors to support people affected by leprosy and disability throughout its projects overseas; bringing healing, hope and dignity. It also advocates to overturn the stigma associated with leprosy.
Working with us
Working at TLMA means being part of a team that makes a difference to people who have been marginalised in their communities. We appreciate our staff for their passion and contribution. Benefits include:
- Free onsite and secure parking
- Close proximity to public transport
- Discounts at retail and grocery outlets
TLMA has a zero-tolerance policy towards any abuse, neglect and exploitation to all people. It is a requirement to sign and comply with TLM organisational policies, including the Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
Successful applicants will be required to provide a recent National Police Check certificate.
How to apply
Forward your resume AND covering letter that addresses the selection criteria, for the attention of Nerida Collard. In your application you should address the essential job competencies as outlined in the position description. You should also consider and be able to demonstrate our organisational values which are central to our organisational culture.
Suitable candidates may be contacted ahead of the closing date and incomplete applications will not be processed. TLMA is an equal opportunities employer and will not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of any characteristic.
Please quote in application: Customer Service Officer via Pro Bono Australia.