About the role
What we do
Jewish Care Victoria, a not-for-profit organisation, is the largest provider of aged and community services for the Jewish Community in Victoria. Services include Aged Residential Care, Assessment Referral and Individual Support Services, Community Aged Care, Disability, Mental Health, Youth and Family Services and Holocaust Survivors Programs.
We take pride in delivering the highest level of service and being an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently seeking qualified, enthusiastic, team-oriented Elder Support Workers. You will be providing contemporary personal care with the functions of daily living according to individual needs of residents. We have beautiful homes in Windsor, Caulfield, and Carnegie.
What you will do
- Provide personal care to assist residents to maintain independence and dignity with respect to activities of daily living and lifestyle
- Provide residents with nutrition and hydration in a timely manner
- Ensure residents daily care is provided in a dignified manner; resident looks neat and tidy, hair is well groomed, food stains removed from face and clothing
- Attend to toileting needs and continence care as required
- Legible and accurate documentation of daily care notes and observations as required with responsibility for ensuring up to date knowledge of Residential Care Standards and completion of assessment records
- Participate in documenting and review of care plans with Supervisor
You will bring
- Certificate III in Individual Support or Aged Care
- Minimum of 12 months experience
- Medication competency certificate
- Ability to speak Russian is highly desirable
- Good communication skills and customer service
- Demonstrate an understanding of culturally diverse environments
- Demonstrated initiative and self motivation
Benefits and Culture
We are committed to the professional development of all staff, and provide ongoing opportunities to upgrade staff skill set and expertise. We aim to provide the highest standard of professional and personal support offering flexibility and conditions not readily available elsewhere, including the option of maximising your income with salary packaging.
Jewish Care employs staff from all cultural and religious backgrounds and provides cultural and spiritual training in the Jewish Ethos. Our recruitment procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of our clients, relevant screening and police checks will be conducted.
Jewish Care proudly celebrates and warmly welcomes the rich diversity of our community and strives to be inclusive for all, including the LGBTI+ community.
Jewish Care acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders as the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we live and work. Our services and supports are provided on the lands of the Wurundjeri and Boonwurrung people, and we deeply respect and honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connection to land, waters and community.
If you would like to apply for this position, click on the ‘apply now’ button ensuring that you upload your CV
We look forward to hearing from you.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Elder Support Workers via Pro Bono Australia.