About the role
Here’s your chance to join the Life Education SA team and empower South Aussie children and young people to make safer and healthier choices through education.
We’re up to our necks in untapped fundraising potential and we need an expert to help support our future growth in South Australia. If you’re game—and you meet Healthy Harold’s understandably lofty criteria—we’d love to hear from you:
Are you keen to work with a purpose-led team you can (literally) look up to?
- Are your fundraising skills head and shoulders above the rest?
- Are you willing to stick your neck out to help empower children and young people to make safe choices on issues like cyber security, and drugs and alcohol?
- Are you able to cope with giraffe puns, even when they’ve become a pain in the neck?
About the role
Life Education SA is looking for an experienced fundraising professional to join our team and help us develop our new fundraising and partnerships strategy. Your work will directly support the expansion of our programs and help us to educate even more South Australian children on making safe and healthy choices.
This newly created position will allow you to showcase your fundraising and business development skills by establishing new revenue streams to ensure the ongoing sustainability and growth of Life Education SA.
Reporting to the CEO, you will join a dedicated and passionate education team committed to improving the lives of children and young people in South Australia.
The role is 22.5 hours per week with a Full Time Equivalent salary up to $95,000 + super + up to $18,400 salary sacrifice (pre-tax) arrangements (Role is .6 of the FTE salary).
At Life Education SA, we pride ourselves on providing a good work/life balance so your 22.5 hours can be worked flexibly across the week to fit in with your pre-existing commitments.
The initial contract term is 2 years with the option to extend.
The Life Education SA office location is Prospect in South Australia.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- A deep passion for Life Education’s vision for all children to live to their full potential.
- At least 3 years’ experience in developing and leading fundraising initiatives using traditional and emerging methods.
- Highly developed relationship management skills with internal and external stakeholders that may include corporates, philanthropic or grant funders, staff, board members and volunteers.
- Ability to lead and inspire others, while contributing to and promoting a positive, happy, energetic, and productive workplace
- Innovative thought and a growth mindset
- Hold, or be willing to apply for a current Working With Children Check before commencing the role.
- (And a ready supply of carrots for Healthy Harold will also be looked upon favourably.)
About the organisation
Life Education cares about Australian children. We have an active passion for the health and well-being of the next generation.
Our mission is to empower children and young people to make safer and healthier choices through education. We believe it’s our responsibility to provide the most exceptional preventative health education to our young people, so they know how to make the safest choices when it comes to key issues such as drugs, alcohol, respectful relationships, and cyber safety
Putting this belief into action alongside our mascot and Australian icon, Healthy Harold, we are engaging more than over 700,000 children every year and across Australia.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Fundraising & Partnerships Manager via Pro Bono Australia.