About the role
The Global EverGreening Alliance (The Alliance) is an international NGO which coordinates the development and implementation of massive-scale environmental restoration and sustainable agricultural projects around the world through its network of over 60 members. The organisation was established by its members to facilitate a collaborative approach to the global problems of food insecurity, rural poverty, climate change and land degradation, and to develop and implement long-term solutions at a globally significant scale. Its members include World Vision, CARE International, Oxfam, Catholic Relief Services, Conservation International, The Nature Conservancy, the World Resources Institute and The World Agroforestry Centre.
Benefits & Culture
- Flexible working hours and conditions – working from home/office hybrid
- Would suit autonomous self-starter with strong interpersonal agility
- Opportunity to work across exceptionally diverse base of stakeholders and programmes
- Work in partnership with top INGOs and conservation organisations to support vulnerable communities
Working with the CEO and the Head of Business Development, the Grants & Partnerships Manager participates in management level discussions and activities to support the building of a strong Grants & Partnership team and oversee its outputs. You will be designing multi-million dollar projects funded by diverse institutional and private donors and working with multiple private and institutional agencies & research bodies. Specifically you will:
- Identify and determine suitable funding opportunities
- Engage stakeholders, members and technical experts to assist proposal development
- Ensure technical, financial and programmatic quality of project concepts and designs
- Consolidate stakeholder input for developing programming tools, frameworks and proposals
- Analyse and summarize strategies, policies, guidelines and opportunities
- Build team capacity to support growth strategy and meet donor submissions standards
You are ideally an experienced International Development grants and partnerships leader with experience writing poverty alleviation/climate change mitigation and adaptation tenders, grants, bids, or proposals to a range of bi-lateral, multi-lateral, corporate, philanthropic funders and investors. Your experience includes an understanding of key development actors and large scale, multi-country complex program and portfolio management. You also have:
- Proven experience in leading, managing and building capacity of team members
- Ability to identify and develop field opportunities that engage donors or investors
- Well-developed time management skills and an ability to prioritise to meet deadlines
- Proven grants acquisition experience with internal and external stakeholders
- Exemplary English writing and communications skills, including to diverse audiences
- Communications, marketing or business experience would be an advantage
- Tertiary qualifications/experience in environment, natural resource management, international development, or a related area, preferred
If you want to contribute to global environmental restoration and you meet the skills required, please apply by submitting your cover letter, responding to the skills required above, and your resume in MS Word format, quoting # 778465. Alternatively, contact Lois Freeke in Melbourne, should you have any further questions, on 03 8080 8976.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The Global EverGreening Alliance has zero tolerance to child abuse, discrimination, harassment and workplace bullying. All staff are required to sign an acknowledgement and adhere strictly to the organization’s child protection and other policies. In addition, the successful applicant will need to agree to an Australian Police Record Check and provide/successfully apply for a Working With Children Check card.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Grants and Partnerships Manager via Pro Bono Australia.