About the role
- Communications professional wanting to make a real difference
- Well-supported career opportunity within a leading youth mental health organisation
- Generous NFP Salary Packaging and flexible work/life balance arrangements
Orygen, Australia’s centre of excellence in youth mental health, is seeking a Senior Communications Adviser to join its communications, marketing and fundraising team. This is a full-time fixed term position available for 6 months, with opportunity for further employment.
If you have a passion for the field of youth mental health and share Orygen’s values of respect, accountability, teamwork, excellence and innovation, then we would love you to join the Orygen team to revolutionise youth mental health.
The role and your impact
The Senior Communications Adviser is a critical member of the Communications, Marketing and Fundraising team. The role works closely with other members of this team, particularly the Communications and Media Manager and the Brand and Marketing Manager to raise the profile of Orygen’s research and other key projects.
As the Senior Communications Adviser you will be responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of communications materials, particularly those focused on promoting Orygen’s research; supporting the organisation’s vision for young people to enjoy optimal mental health as they grow into adulthood. You will also develop relationships with journalists and media organisations to maximise opportunities for media coverage of Orygen’s activities.
The successful candidate will have a tertiary qualification in journalism, communications or public relations, or a substantial background in biomedical research promotion or a related area. In addition, you will bring:
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to write clearly, concisely and appropriately for specific audience groups.
- Ability to translate complex scientific findings and research into lay language.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with and advise people at all levels.
- Highly developed written communication skills suitable for print and online environments.
- High level of organisational skills with proven ability in setting priorities and operating within set deadlines.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of contemporary media and communications mediums and an ability to apply such knowledge to complex issues and a wide audience.
- Ability to work with and support young people to share their stories in ways that empower them and advance organisational goals.
To view the FULL selection criteria and learn more about this opportunity, please go to www.orygen.org.au/About/Work-with-Us to view the Position Description. For a confidential discussion about this role contact Susannah Walker, Communications and Media Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Salary and benefits
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience, plus superannuation, access to generous NFP salary packaging, flexible work/life balance benefits, great supportive team, purposeful work that makes a real difference to lives of young people and their families and carers and career opportunities within an organisation that is the leader in youth mental health.
About the organisation
The why behind what we do is important. We believe that all young people deserve to grow into adulthood with optimal mental health. Everything we do is focused on this outcome. Orygen is leading and redefining what’s possible in global research, policy, education and clinical care. Find out more on our website.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Communications Adviser via Pro Bono Australia.