About the role
- Maximum term until April 2023, full-time
- Flexible working as part of a rotating roster, with evening and weekend shift allowances.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- SCHCADS Award, Level 5, hourly rates range from $42.94 to $44.88 dependent on qualifications and experience
The Team Leader – Accommodation will lead a small team on the nominated shift and is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day operations of the shift.
You will coordinate all aspects of onsite accommodation services, and will be responsible for:
- overseeing the delivery of support work, intake, management of service users and staff
- coordinating all aspects of the onsite accommodation services, including room allocation, entry and exit inventories and condition reports, resident orientation, unit inspections, and all associated reporting relating to accommodation services
- liaising with external agencies regarding vacancies and requests for accommodation
- delegating tasks, facilitating handover meetings, assessing the performance of direct reports; recommending professional development activities for team members
- ensuring compliance with security and safety standards
- prepare shift rosters, regular reports and supporting the accommodation manager with administrative duties as required
This role will report to the Accommodation Manager, Matthew Talbot Hostel. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Minimum TAFE Certificate IV or relevant work experience, or currently undertaking tertiary study, in welfare or related field.
- Demonstrated ability in supervision and coordinating site management.
- Demonstrated high level organisational, time management, and collaborative skills
- Experience working with challenging and diverse client groups with the ability to use sound judgment and act appropriately in crisis and emergency situations
- Ability to work on a rotating roster, including weekends, as per the operational needs of the service
- Current First Aid certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Permanent Residency.
About the organisation
The Matthew Talbot Hostel provides accommodation and specialised support to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply now by submitting your application with a resume & cover letter addressing the key requirements of the Position Description.
If you have questions about this role, please email Mark Purchase (Manager, Accommodation ) on firstname.lastname@example.org, quote: Team Leader, Accommodation, Inner City/VIN2474.
*The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People. Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check, Working with Children check*
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature-aged applicants.
Please quote in application: Team Leader- Accommodation via Pro Bono Australia.