About the role
The objectives of this position are: To support people with multiple and complex needs that require short- or long-term support withobtaining and retaining appropriate housing and relevant supports. Promote and deliver service assistance to homeless individuals or those about to become homeless who have no other way to gain assistance.
- Assist persons within the program to improve their housing, general and mental health situation by:
- Operating within a case management framework applying independent models of practice such as active service, trauma-informed, wellness and re-enablementDeveloping, implementing and reviewing goal-directed case plans collaboratively with persons using a person-centred approach
- Constructing referrals to appropriate and relevant general or specialist services, including mental health, to meet person needs.
- Provide financial assistance through the flexible care funds to assist with short term crisis
- Provide clients with support and information, enabling them to navigate service systems until their situation improves or appropriate longer-term supports are in place.
- Advocate with and for residents to strengthen links with the local mental health and community services
What you will need to be successful:
- A formal qualification in related disciplines such as Social Work, Welfare, Social Sciences or other relevant qualifications is highly desirable. Still, a person having significant success and experience in a similar position is encouraged to apply.
- Understanding/experience of Case Management service delivery.
- Demonstrated capacity and experience in working with disadvantaged people in our community in crisis, dealing face to face with people experiencing distress and behaving in ways that may not accord with one’s values or background.
What we offer in return
- Competitive remuneration, salary packaging for living expenses, meal and entertainment expenses
- A day off on your birthday
- Inclusive work culture
- Novated leasing options
- Learning, development, and career opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
About the organisation
Haven; Home, Safe is the leading provider of integrated homelessness and housing services and Victoria’s first registered affordable housing association. Haven; Home, Safe is a dynamic and rapidly growing organisation and the only fully integrated agency in Australia to provide both homelessness services and affordable housing. We are a Charity with DGR status, committed to the communities in which we operate.
We have a reputation for excellence and provide a range of innovative support programs and property and tenancy management solutions to some of the more vulnerable people across much of the state. Our current portfolio of 2000 properties housing over 5000 people.
How to apply
For a detailed description of the position to apply for this position and to access the key selection criteria, please click on the download attachments tab.
Applications must include a cover letter, current resume and a statement addressing the key selection criteria - please note, only complete applications will be considered.
Closing date for all applications - COB 15th September 2021
Manager: Sam Love
Phone; 0418 852 687
Haven; Home, Safe (HHS) is committed to building an inclusive workplace where all people feel valued, are empowered to bring their complete, authentic selves to work, and have equal access to opportunities to help them reach their full potential. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, People with disabilities, culturally and linguistically diverse people, including refugees to our country, and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, and Queer+ (LGBTIQ+) communities.
Please quote in application: Tenancy and Property Manager via Pro Bono Australia.