About the role
- Part time 3 days per week
- Clinical Supervision and professional development opportunities
- Generous Salary Packaging
The Banyule Community Health (BCH), Wellbeing and Support team, seeks to employ an experienced Therapeutic Counsellor to join the Gamblers Help program to support clients experiencing gambling-related harm.
BCH counsellors take a holistic and client-centred approach to assisting people with their recovery and work with individuals and families. Counsellors are expected to be experienced in working with a range of co-morbid conditions as mental health and family violence and to be able to assist people to access other support as appropriate.
The locations of this role will be based at Sunbury, Melton and Broadmeadows.
Your motivation, interpersonal skills, and counselling expertise will see you excel in this role as you:
– Provide comprehensive assessment and treatment services for Gamblers Help clients
– Provide a variety of counselling and/or case management interventions including individual or family-based
– Maintain client documentation within requirements and timelines.
– Deliver integrated service activities related to vulnerable target groups through service promotion, education/training and networking
– Facilitate and develop referral pathways and secondary consultations between health and welfare professionals and other service stakeholders
What you will need:
– Demonstrated ability to screen, assess and treat clients experiencing gambling, mental health and other complex issues using a range of counselling interventions
– Highly developed time management and organisational skills and demonstrated ability to manage client load, client records and collection of statistical data
– Highly developed interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary team.
-Training and education; networking, marketing and service promotion skills
About the organisation
The Wellbeing and Support team currently sees people through its mental health, drug and alcohol, family violence and gambling funding streams.
Service delivery includes individual, group and peer-based options. The Gamblers Help program requires outreach work across a number of LGA's in the North and North Western catchments.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Therapeutic Counsellor - Gamblers Help Services via Pro Bono Australia.