About the role
The Mental Health Coordinating Council (MHCC) is the peak body for organisations providing community mental health services throughout NSW.
For nearly 40 years, they have worked to build the capacity of community organisations to support people on their recovery journeys. They do this by advocating for policy development and legislative reform and also by offering responsive and flexible mental health training and professional development opportunities.
Working closely with their members, consumers, carers and other stakeholders, MHCC represent the views of the mental health sector to the government and broader human services sector.
This Administration Manager role can be flexible, working either 4 or 5 days per week and it is a 2 year fixed term contract initially.
Reporting to the CEO, this broad role encompasses operational and administrative activities, including responsibility for HR, office management, board secretariat, governance and compliance.
Specifically you will:
- Work with the leadership team to coordinate necessary policy, procedure and budget reviews
- Build relationships with external suppliers and contractors, including ICT and funding partners
- Manage recruitment and employment contracts and advise on any HR issues
- Responsible for continuous improvement and quality accreditation processes
- Provide executive support to the CEO and assist with board papers and meetings
- Lead and mentor one direct report within the administration and finance function
You will be an experienced administration or office manager, who can quickly adapt to competing demands. Additionally, you will have:
- An operations, HR or administration background from the non-profit sector
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Understanding of governance, risk, policy and compliance within small to medium organisations
- Familiar with software such as Office 365, MYOB, HRIS and CRM systems
- Knowledge of membership or peak bodies, or interest in supporting the community mental health sector
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in business administration or HR, or equivalent knowledge and experience
If you are passionate about health and wellbeing and want to utilise your management and administration skills, please apply by sending your CV together with a cover letter responding to the skills required section above. If you have any specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 8243 0570.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Administration Manager via Pro Bono Australia.