About the role
This is a 6-month contract with a 6-month extension at the APS6 level.
It is an opportunity to:
- Secure a long-term contract in federal government and maintain job security over Christmas and the election period
- Progress your career in risk, regulation or compliance in the APS
- Work to a high performing and supportive manager that is focused on your development
The position involves undertaking risk assessments of vehicle recall campaigns by taking into consideration the relevant policies, rules and legislation that are specific to each case.
There is a set of Standard Operating Procedures and guidelines to follow, but th ere is opportunity to improve procedures and make processes more efficient.
Your Background and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have experience in a regulatory, risk assessment or compliance environment within a government environment.
You will also have the following key capabilities:
- Sound understanding of risk assessment principles, particularly in a regulatory environment
- Ability to apply risk assessment principles within an established process
- Ability to learn new processes quickly
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong written communication skills
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Be willing to undergo a police check
- Have a Baseline security clearance (advantage) or the ability to obtain one
Sal ary / Rate
- $55 – $65 per hour + 10% super
- 6-month contract with 6-month extension
About the organisation
Our client is a large federal government department with a varied remit. You will join the Vehicle Recalls Monitoring Team, which is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the safety levels of vehicles available on the Australian market. The branch works with the automotive industry, processing applications for vehicle importations and modification, component manufacturing and importation .
The Vehicle Recalls Monitoring team manages vehicle recalls where an identified manufacturing defect may pose a safety risk to the Australian public and those vehicles are publicly recalled to be rectified by the supplier.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: APS6 Risk Assessor via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Consulting