About the role
Gowrie Victoria, a not-for-profit provider of early childhood education and care services, welcomes applications from people interested in joining our skills-based, volunteer Board to guide the organisation during its current consolidation and future growth phases.
You will be joining the organisation at an exciting time in its history. Following a period of growth from two to six services, we are now making significant investments in our early childhood educational and care programs, and our systems and processes. These changes will prepare us for the next phase of our development in pursuit of our five strategic objectives:
- We will demonstrate and advocate for quality education
- We will partner with communities and families
- We will extend our impact through greater reach
- We will be a learning organisation with great people and a thriving culture
- We will be a sustainable and forward-looking organisation
Our success will be built on demonstrating high quality early childhood education in diverse communities and at scale, and maintaining our financial and operational viability as we grow.
You will be working as a member of a respected Board led by an experienced Chair, along with a high-functioning CEO and executive team.
You will need to be able to commit to regular Board meetings (8-10 per year) and have adequate time for preparation. The Board has a finance and risk committee and a governance committee, and there may also be ad hoc additional committee work required.
We are seeking two candidates.
One will have:
- experience as a senior executive or senior consultant of strategic HR workforce and organisational culture development
- senior executive or Board experience in staff-intensive, highly regulated service organisations (not necessarily in the early childhood education and care sector)
- good connections within the human resources sector
The other will have:
- strong knowledge and skills in early childhood theory and pedagogy
- working experience in early childhood education and care (ECEC) leadership and management
- good connections within the ECEC sector, to peak bodies or to the State government
- previous board experience (this is not essential)
About the organisation
Established in 1939, Gowrie Victoria is a not-for-profit social enterprise which provides education and care to children aged 0 – 5 years old and training for early learning staff. We are well-respected within the early childhood sector, and enjoy positive relations with government and peak bodies.
We currently manage six early childhood services in Docklands (two services), Carlton, Carlton North, Broadmeadows and Yarraville. We also provide early childhood education and training through our Registered Training Organisation, and specialist training and consultancy services to the early childhood sector. We have approximately 340 staff across our sites.
For further information about Gowrie Victoria, please visit our website: www.gowrievictoria.org.au
How to apply
To discuss your interest, please either telephone or email our Board secretary, Chris Booton, on 0417 497334 or email@example.com.
Please quote in application: Board Member via Pro Bono Australia.