About the role
We are well known in the social services, public transport, and disability sectors for our knowledge and expertise in travel-related issues, for people in need.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for potential Board and Board sub-committee members particularly those with a strong understanding of community and social services, disability services or risk management to join our team of Directors and or/sub-committee members. This is a voluntary position.
Sub-committees and summary of responsibilities include:
- Finance Audit and Risk Management – Budgeting and financial planning, risk management including internal controls, organisation’s compliance with legal, regulatory requirements and compliance policies and investment management.
- People and Services – Board and management succession planning, senior staff recruitment, Training and Development Plan, people related policies, and service delivery
- Business Development – Support the development of business development and fundraising strategies. Identify and develop revenue generation and growth opportunities.
- High standards of professionalism, integrity and objectivity;
- Empathy with a strong interest in the role that Travellers Aid plays;
- A confident and adaptable individual with the ability to support Board members and Staff.
Individuals with expertise in one or more of the following skills are encouraged to register their interest:
- Risk identification and management;
- Business development and an understanding of business drivers;
- A strong understanding of financial management and Budget oversight;
- Exposure to fundraising in the not for profit sector;
- An understanding of social services, especially, skills and networks in the disability / social welfare/community support areas;
- Stakeholder engagement and partnership development;
- Lived experience as a person with a disability negotiating travel
- Legal background
Completion of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, Company Directors Course or similar would be well regarded but not essential.
The time commitment may include attending Board Meetings every second month, attending the Annual General Meeting and contributing to a monthly or bi-monthly sub-committee meeting. The appointment is subject to the successful outcome of professional references, a Police Check and Working with Children Check.
About the organisation
Travellers Aid is committed to enabling individuals of all abilities to connect to people and places. We take pride in the diverse backgrounds of our team which reflect the communities in which we work.
We operate ethically and are guided by a volunteer Board of Directors who ensure strong and transparent governance. Travellers Aids workforce consists of 75% dedicated volunteers and 25% committed staff who are motivated by creating real outcomes for the people we serve.
Our Vision - A society where people with mobility challenges are treated with dignity and respect, being able to lead full and rich lives with confidence.
Our Mission - Empowering people with travel-related challenges to connect, engage and participate within their communities through the use of public transport.
Our Goal - To be the recognised expert in the delivery of services to people facing travel-related challenges.
How to apply
Hit 'Apply Now' and submit your application to be considered.
If you have questions regarding these positions or to register your interest, please contact Elias Lebbos, CEO on 0411 721 744 or forward your resume to: email@example.com.
Please quote in application: Board of Directors Member and /or Committee Member via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Consulting, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights