About the role
- Full-Time permanent role, working 35hrs per week
- Working across Greater Sydney area (Liverpool base)
- Excellent benefits – Salary packaging and Flexible working arrangements!
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for sourcing relationships with critical decision-makers to develop business opportunities relating to employment opportunities for SSI’s employment programs. In addition, they will identify and secure employer partners across various sectors from corporate, government, local industries and manage an existing network of employers already on board.
- Engage with new employers and secure partnerships based on the labour market and workforce development needs.
- Keep up to date with trends/changes and understand the current state of the local labour market
- Understanding of workforce planning to meet industry needs, this include but not limited to Vacancies creation/ negotiations that meets industry needs and cohorts’ skills, as well as creating employment pathway project that address skills gaps and improves SSI’s client employability opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for business improvement and strategic new business opportunities
- Build a sales pipeline of employment outcomes with accurate forecasting monthly
- Maintain and grow existing accounts;
- Engage with community groups to grow SSI’s brand and build caseloads across the employment division; attend local networking opportunities & events when and if required
- Work collaboratively with support services and develop relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure SSI success
Other duties as directed from time to time within your skills range and capacity.
Do you have a sales or agency recruitment background? Are you a result-driven person with a passion to use your skills to help others? Are you resilient and adaptable with a can-do attitude? If so we want to hear from you!
Ideally, you would have a good sales track record and an established network of clients. And your resilient attitude and strong negotiation skills will see you succeed in this role. Experience as a Marketing Consultant or Business Development Manager in either Job Active / Disability Employment Service is preferred but not essential. You will have strong & proven experience with Placement of clients with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are looking for a self-motivator with initiative and demonstrated ability to work unsupervised. A valid driver’s license and car is a prerequisite for this role.
About our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry-leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our in-house well-being programs
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI Group) is a community-based organisation and social business that supports newcomers and Australians to achieve their full potential. Taking an integrated approach to how everyone can thrive within the community in which they live and the wider Australian society, we support children, young people and families; people living with disability; and asylum seekers, refugees and migrants. Our programs include facilitating employment, multicultural foster care, creating community engagement, advocacy, and influencing government and international affairs and provide though leadership within our sector nationally and globally.
ABOUT EMPLOYMENT & ENTERPRISES
SSI Employment and Enterprises provides recruitment services, pre-employment planning and training, and work experience opportunities to help people establish suitable career pathways.
Meaningful employment is an important component to a stable, secure and independent future. SSI works with long-term unemployed, newly arrived refugees, people seeking asylum, migrants, young people and people with disability to achieve this.
How to apply
Hit 'Apply Now' if this sounds like you!
At SSI we have a zero-tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child-safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists will guide you through our process and next steps.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment or want to update your preferred method of communication, please email email@example.com or call Vimla Khooblall on 02 8799 6700
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander viewers are warned that the following video may contain images and footage of deceased persons – viewer discretion is advised.
Please quote in application: Business Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.