About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Part time 3 days per week | Maximum term until 4 July 2022 (parental leave replacement contract)
- Based at Mount Waverley with travel across Melbourne’s eastern suburbs
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a Case Manager to join the Home Based Care Program in our Eastern Region. The program provides high quality case management support to vulnerable children and young people aged 0-18 years who are unable to live with their own families. The program supports clients in both voluntary and statutory foster care.
As a Case Manager, you will support the development and implementation of case plans, exit plans and leaving care plans tailored to the needs of individual children and young people. The role will facilitate regular care team meetings and work collaboratively with families, carers and other stakeholders to ensure that desired outcomes are achieved. The Case Manager will also contribute to the recruitment of volunteer carers and provide ongoing training, supervision and support.
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a Diploma of Community Welfare Work or equivalent qualification. A tertiary degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related discipline would be advantageous.
You will also have:
- An understanding of relevant regulations and legislation including the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005
- Demonstrated experience in delivering consumer-centric case management support to children and/or young people
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other services, agencies and professionals to achieve successful client outcomes
- Proven ability to develop and maintain comprehensive case notes, client files and reports in a timely manner
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter (outlining your suitability according to the person specification in the position description)
- Current resume
Applications close Monday 27 September 2021
Get in touch
Gillian Harris-Dawson – Manager, Child, Youth & Family Preservation
T: 0403 353 516 (during business hours)
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Case Manager - Home Based Care via Pro Bono Australia.