About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Part Time (68.4 hrs per fortnight), Max Term (until 30 June 2022)
About the opportunity
Integrated Family Services works with vulnerable children, young people and their families who are being impacted upon by disadvantage including poverty, trauma, substance abuse, mental health and family violence and are potentially at risk of becoming involved with the Child Protection system or are already involved with child protection.
Integrated Family Services provides a case management and support service for children, young people and their families and is an outreach case management service that aims to enhance family functioning by addressing children’s needs and improving parenting skills and relationships.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Welfare or a related discipline
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working with disempowered and vulnerable people, including capacity to engage clients and establish effective helping relationships.
- Knowledge and experience of a range of relevant intervention strategies and frameworks including children’s developmental needs, parent skill development, working with diversity, drug and alcohol recovery, the cycle of violence, crisis planning and family and broader systems is needed.
- Strong ability to network and establish sound working relationships with related services,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook) skills.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Thursday 23 September 2021
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Laura Nash, Team Leader – Integrated Family Services on 0414 507 663
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Case Worker, Integrated Family Services (IFS) via Pro Bono Australia.