About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Part Time (30.4 hrs per fortnight), Max Term (until December 2022)
About the opportunity
The Status Resolution Support Services (SRSS) program provides clients with temporary needs-based support if they are unable to support themselves while resolving their immigration status.
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Case Worker who can support SRSS clients with their applications for the program, as well as ensuring recipients are linked to appropriate services and programs in the community, assisting with financial management support, including budgeting assistance.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have:
- Diploma in community services or related discipline
- Previous case manager/worker experience is mandatory
- Previous SRSS experience is desirable, but not mandatory
- Demonstrated ability to provide safe environments for children and young people and protect them from abuse and neglect.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to consult, negotiate, and liaise effectively with a diverse range of people.
- Ability to demonstrate establish and maintain effective communication with clients using a Trauma Informed Approach
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by emailing the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Sunday 7 November 2021
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Jijoy Villat, Team Leader – Settlement Services on 0409 857 572
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: https://www.unitingvictas.org.au/
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Worker, Settlement Resolution Support Services (SRSS) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Education_and_Employment, #Education_and_Training, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Media, #Men, #Mental_Health, #Social_Enterprise, #Women, #Youth_and_Young_People