About the role
Aged & Community Services Australia (ACSA) is the leading peak body supporting church, charitable and community-based Not-for-profit organisations that provide accommodation and care services to over 450,000 older Australians.
ACSA is at the forefront representing, leading and supporting members to achieve excellence in providing quality home care, residential care, housing and retirement living for older Australians.
Why join ACSA?
Aged Care is on the cusp of major reform on the back of the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety. Bring your skills to support organisations in implementing change and to build the capability of the sector.
- Highly regarded and growing team
- Help aged care organisations reshape their business and improve performance
- Flexible work culture
ACSA offers a consultancy service to members, providing expert professional advice and solutions in all areas of aged and community care management, best practice service delivery, compliance, governance and planning. These services draw on the up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge base of ACSA. The Consultancy team deliver on ACSA vision, focusing on building capacity, supporting members to evolve and grow successfully and to achieve excellence in providing quality care and a positive experience for older Australians.
You will have:
- 5 + years Management experience in Health, Aged Care or Community Care
- Proven knowledge of management systems and continuous quality improvement
- Knowledge of key policy, operational and practice issues for aged and community care operators
- Strong project management, coaching and change management skills
- Evidence of the application of a systems approach to organisational development / change
- Ability to work autonomously and meet time frames.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and remain calm and professional under pressure
- Aptitude to create new business development opportunities through professional networks and tender opportunities
- Highly developed problem-solving skills and analytical and creative mindset
- Ability to multitask and manage ambiguity
- Entrepreneurial spirit, wanting to be part of a team that is working to make a difference
- Workshop facilitation skills
Additional Desirable Experience or Qualification:
Qualifications in nursing or allied health or equivalent qualifications/ experience in the community sector
About the role
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our growing team. You will lead a diverse range of projects from inception to completion both autonomously and within a team-based environment. In your role you will work with the Senior Manager Consulting and other consultants in the team to ensure that client outcomes are delivered to the highest of quality and to the brief.
A snapshot of the role:
- To provide expert contemporary advice, systems development, mentoring, training, and auditing to support Aged and Community Care member organisations; assisting them to comply with all Aged Care legislation relevant to project scope and enhance their organisational capability to deliver quality and safe care and support future sustainability
- Market the consultancy services to ACSA members and external parties (eg. Government departments)
- Work collaboratively with ACSA teams to identify possible areas for consultancy
- Work with aged care leaders to improve management capability
- Project Delivery:
- Prepare project proposals outlining the project scope, expected outcomes, methodology, time frames and costs.
- Carry out reviews and information collection to understand the client’s organisation, management systems, issues, contributing factors, and gaps
- Interview client employees, management team and other stakeholders as required
- Conduct analysis, forming hypotheses and solutions
- Presentation of findings and recommendations through formal or informal reports
- Support and mentoring of management and staff within client organisations to implement recommendations/solutions
- Liaise with the client to keep them informed of progress
- Develop resources within areas of expertise to support the effective functioning of the ACSA Consultancy service
- Provide training and facilitate on site workshops
Competitive hourly rate offered plus salary packaging options. Australia-wide travel may be required with overnight stays.
Email your cover letter addressing the above criteria and your CV to email@example.com.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Casual Consultancy via Pro Bono Australia.