About the role
Chief Executive Officer
Yea & District Memorial Hospital
- Excellent career and lifestyle opportunity
- Future-focused organisation
- Flexible working arrangements
- Part Time role – hours negotiable
Yea & District Memorial Hospital (YDMH) operates as a highly integrated small rural health service providing acute, residential aged care and community health services, to people of all ages from the Yea & surrounding western Murrindindi district communities. Situated just 110km north of Melbourne CBD and within easy reach of spectacular national parks, lakes and historic towns, this role provides an opportunity for career advancement and work life balance for the right leader.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible, directly to the Board, for leading the total operational and financial performance of the Health Service and for compliance with its legal and statutory obligations. You will also actively establish and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders, the community, and work collaboratively with other agencies, services and peak funding bodies. A focus on maintaining a positive workplace culture will also be a priority.
To meet the requirements of the role you will have tertiary qualifications with preferably post-graduate tertiary qualifications in health, health management or a business related field. You will need to be able to demonstrate strong and effective leadership abilities through extensive Executive level experience in leadership and management within a health service. Knowledge of funding and current government policy and direction of, residential aged care, acute, community and primary health care services are also required for this position.
For more information please visit our website at:
or contact Jo Lowday on: 0400 158 155. To make an application you will be required to submit: a Cover Letter incorporating a response to the Key Selection Criteria, your full CV and a completed HRS Application Form available on the HRS web site. Applications can be made online or sent by email to:
Applications close: 26 September, 2021
About the organisation
Yea and District Memorial Hospital is a multidisciplinary healthcare provider that offers care directly to the community while also facilitating access to a range services offered by third party providers.
What we offer:
- A four bay Urgent Care Centre (UCC) operating under a nurse-led model of care, with approximately 600 presentations per year.
- A 10 bed acute care ward.
- An adjoining residential aged care facility, Rosebank Nursing Home and Hostel with 10 high care and 15 low care beds.
- Yea Community Health operates from the hospital owned and managed The Grace Bennetts Centre and provides diabetes education, dietetics and psychology services, paediatric speech pathology.
- Yea District Nursing Services provides in-home nursing care to the west side of the Murrindindi Shire.
- The Grace Bennetts Centre also has space for a private medical clinic, staffed by General Practitioners (who are accredited to provide services in the acute ward, residential aged care and urgent care), allied health services such as podiatry and physiotherapy and pathology collection services.
- Yea and District Memorial Hospital works in partnership with other agencies to provide services to the people of Yea and surrounding areas in the western part of Murrindindi Shire which has a combined catchment of some 7,000 people.
- The hospital is a major employer in the local area and works in partnership with the local community whose past generosity and continuing support contributes to the long-term viability of the hospital and the services it provides.
How to apply
How to Apply
Applications should include the following information and be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Covering Letter that includes a statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria
- Current CV
- Completed Application Form (Available on the HRS web site)
Applications Close: 26 September, 2021
0400 158 155
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.