About the role
The Junction Works is at an exciting point in its evolution with an excellent reputation, a committed and capable team and Board, and a strategic plan that will deliver continued growth. This Chief Executive Officer opportunity follows the retirement of Chris Campbell who has led the organisation for the past decade.
The organisation is in a solid position having developed and implemented a new business model to enable navigation through the NDIS transition and a subsequent merger.
As CEO you will clearly demonstrate the organisation’s core values of respect, integrity, excellence, creativity and vitality as well as conviction, engagement and an ability to inspire others to be the best they can be.
Experience, knowledge & skills
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Exceptional leadership skills – demonstrated emotional intelligence to ensure an adaptive leadership style, and commitment to client outcomes underpinned by performance and organisational culture.
- Experience in leading strategic growth – experience in delivering growth, a proactive approach towards opportunities, and taking calculated risks.
- Deep sector experience – extensive experience in, and knowledge of, the disability sector.
- A continuous improvement mindset – capable of inspiring others and learning from the past for better client experiences and outcomes.
- Strong communication skills – to listen and to engage with clients, develop and maintain stakeholder networks and influence organisational outcomes.
- The ability to build and nurture relationships – with clients, the Board, staff, and external and other stakeholders.
- Experience working with a board – genuinely work collaboratively with The Junction Works Board to realise and operationalise the organisation’s mission.
About the organisation
The Junction Works is a for-purpose provider that has been operating within Greater Western Sydney since 1987. With a mission of ‘creating new possibilities in people’s lives’, they focus on delivering creative and enriching community, youth, children’s and disability services that are designed to improve the lives of some of our community’s most vulnerable people.
The Junction Works service provision is underpinned by the philosophy and practice of being person-centred. With almost 30 sites, Austral and Seven Hills being the largest, they work within homes and centres across Greater Western and South Western Sydney.
The Junction Works aims for services that engage their clients. The staff share a passion for the people they support while building intentional trust relationships with their clients; which allows them to be more confident in how they live their life.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer: The Junction Works via Pro Bono Australia.