About the role
About the Opportunity
An exciting and rewarding opportunity to join one of South Australia’s most reputable not-for-profit organisations, Kidsafe SA. We are looking for a dynamic and engaging individual to join our PLAY Team. We require someone with initiative to work as part of a small, hardworking and passionate team to advocate for and promote child safety and injury prevention in the community Responsibilities will include:
- Inspecting playgrounds for compliance with Australian Standards
- Reviewing design plans and assessing according to Australian Standards
- Providing playground related safety and design advice directly to clients and key stakeholders
- Delivering Kidsafe SA playground safety training and education as required
- Developing and implementing strategies to promote and market Kidsafe SA’s play related services
- Creation of playground safety related information and child injury prevention information for different audiences
- Identifying emerging service ideas, funding opportunities, campaigns and partnerships
- Working with and reporting to management staff to plan service delivery from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes
- Providing child safety and injury prevention information and advice directly to the South Australian public
Selection Criteria: Essential:
- Relevant tertiary degree – Landscape Architecture, Health Science, Health Promotion, or relevant experience in these areas.
- Excellent relationship building skills, including ability to maintain effective working relationships with multiple stakeholders (internal and external)
- Strong communication and people skills – confident communicating with individuals and to large groups
- High levels of written communication skills including writing reports, health information, newsletters
- Strong knowledge of IT systems and computers
- Excellent organisational, administrative and time management skills
- Ability to use own initiative and work independently while also working effectively as part of a small team.
- Knowledge of Australian Standards for playgrounds or similar
- Experience in child injury prevention
Appointment to this position is subject to:
- A satisfactory Working with Children Check
About the organisation
Kidsafe SA is in the business of child safety and injury prevention. For 40 years we have been the leading independent, not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the prevention of unintentional death and serious injury to South Australian children aged 0–15 years.
Kidsafe SA works to provide leadership and advocacy for child safety and injury prevention, and to inform and educate the South Australian public in the effort to preserve and protect the lives of children. Kidsafe SA is a growing organisation that seeks to increase its injury prevention advocacy.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Child Injury Prevention Officer – PLAY via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Consulting, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy