About the role
- Ongoing and fixed-term (until September 2022), full and part-time roles available
- Fantastic opportunity to play a vital role in a vibrant, agile agency advocating for children, young people and families
- Share your counselling expertise, and bring your passion for supporting and helping others
- Thomastown/Heidelberg based (Wurundjeri Country)
About the role/opportunity:
The Sexual Abuse Counselling and Prevention Program (SACPP) is a highly regarded program that provides specialist therapeutic services to children and young people up to age 18 who have been sexually abused, children up to 18 who have engaged in harmful sexual behaviour.
In this position, you will:
- Undertake expert clinical work involving counseling and advocacy with children, young people, and their families as well as the systems that support them.
- Be an active participant in both individual and group supervision and reflective practice.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of training packages on a range of issues that arise out of the work in order to support, inform and educate those working with the effects of sexual abuse, and harmful sexual behaviours.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology or counseling or, child and family welfare or a related discipline.
- Experience in delivering therapeutic services that include counseling and advocacy to young people who have been a victim of sexual abuse or who are displaying harmful sexual behaviour.
- Experience in working collaboratively with the systems that support children and young people who have been sexually abused or display harmful sexual behaviour. This may include,
families, schools, out-of-home care providers, Department of Health and Human Services Victoria (DHHS) etc.
- Experience in delivering Groupwork to young people.
As a member of the Kids First team you will:
- Be part of a collaborative and outcomes-focused culture of an independent, not-for-profit organisation that has a legacy of more than 120 years community service.
- Take home an attractive salary with the option to salary package to increase take-home pay.
- Be nurtured in your career, including professional development in specialist evidence-based models, such as Promoting First Relationships (PFR).
- Have access to flexible work options and our staff wellbeing program.
About the organisation
With a proud history and a progressive mindset, Kids First is a leading provider of educational, family and support services for children and families in Melbourne. We are at the forefront of responding to
community needs and strengthening families so that children can thrive. Our programs are evidence-based and built on more than 120 years of service
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Clinical Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Support_Services, #Mental_Health