About the role
- 12 months with opportunity to re-apply
- This role is classified as a ‘volunteer role’ with sitting fee and reimbursement and out of pocket expenses.
- Join a committee of likeminded individuals who are looking to continuously improve Merri’s services and advocate for the wider community.
Your new role
As a Consumer Representative you will be responsible for working with other committee members to:
- Drive the Merri Health research/evaluation agenda so that it aligns with the strategic direction and champion program evaluation to identify and document good practice and innovation.
- Promote best practice in research and evaluation at Merri, build on Merri Health’s commitment to co-design principles, and provide advice around policies and procedures relating to research.
- Review organisation wide proposals for all research projects, provide feedback, recommendations, and document perceived risks and benefits.
- Provide advice on governance for all research proposals and promote and provide leadership for ethical conduct of all research
- Seek out research partners and funding opportunities and identify gaps and opportunities in Merri’s Strategic Directions in consultation with stakeholders.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Understanding of barriers that consumer groups face in health care
- Knowledge of health services and its operations
- Some experience in collaboration in research planning, monitoring, and evaluation
- High communication skills and ability to engage with committee, participate in activities and share feedback and opinions
About the organisation
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
What we offer
This position is for a consumer representative for Merri Health’s Research and Evaluation Committee. The role involves collaborating with us to ensure we are responsive and proactive in improving our health services and beyond. We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
The position is remunerated with a sitting fee based on the Safer Care Victoria Guide to Consumer Remuneration.
How to apply
What you need to do now
If this position captures your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you would like to review the position description or have any questions about the role please refer to our Career Portal for further information.
Merri Health will only accept applications that are submitted via our Career Portal.
What else do I need to know
Preferred candidates will be subject to comprehensive reference and pre-employment background checking conducted by Merri Health prior to an offer of employment, including criminal record history check, NDIS worker screening and other employee screening and credential checks as determined by the position description.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQA+ community and those living with a disability to apply.
Please quote in application: Consumer Representative via Pro Bono Australia.