About the role
We are seeking a Corporate Communications Lead to join the Brand, Communications and Marketing Division. Reporting to the Head of Brand, Communications and Marketing your role is to:
- Lead the development and delivery of cancer Council Victoria’s internal communications strategy.
- Be the eyes, ears and voice of the organisation, connecting employees with the right information at the right time’
- Work closely with the CEO and other internal stakeholders to ensure effective strategic internal communications.
- Reach and engage our highly motivated employees, sharing appropriate messaging, stories and assets, supporting them to be Cancer Council advocates.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in communications, journalism or a related field
- Demonstrated experience in implementing an organisation wide communications strategy
- Proven copywriting and editing experience including long and short copy, publications, speeches, web copy and articles
- Strong interview skills and the ability to manage sensitive conversations with discretion
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex scientific information into compelling communications for all audiences
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence, develop and maintain strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven capacity to introduce and embed new ideas and approaches into existing working practices, together with a strong ability to adapt to change
- Results focussed with the ability to manage a broad workload, focus on the big picture and meet deadlines
About the organisation
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Fundraising and Communications Division is responsible for ensuring Cancer Council maintains a visible, engaging presence in the community; and to inspire and activate support from Victorians. Through a diverse revenue generation program, the Division works to ensure funds are raised to support Cancer Council Victoria’s work in line with the organisation’s mission and values.
The Brand, Communications and Marketing Unit works across multiple channels and campaigns, to deliver innovative, omni-channel, impactful marketing and communications activities. This drives supporter, consumer and public engagement, fundraising outcomes and understanding of the Cancer Council Victoria brand.
The unit works in partnership with multiple internal stakeholders to achieve strategic outcomes and ensure that Cancer Council Victoria delivers consistent brand messaging and experience for our many audiences across all our touchpoints.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Corporate Communications Lead (FCD.16) via Pro Bono Australia.