About the role
- Community Health, Stepped Care Mental Health programs
- Various Counselling roles working with children, adolescents, and adults
- Various Contracts available
You are a recovery-focussed, enthusiastic, and experienced Counsellor (Psychologist, Social Worker or Occupational Therapist) with a sound understanding of the social model of health and a commitment to self-determination, empowerment, and resilience.
If this sounds like you, then keep reading, as we are currently recruiting to our team.
About the role
These vital counseling roles working with adults and/or children and adolescents are part of our stepped care mental health programs at Banyule Community Health, which provide expert support from mental health nurses, psychologists, social workers, occupational therapists, peer workers and
care coordinators to people across the lifespan who are experiencing mental health concerns.
The stepped care programs provide flexible, tailored responses to meet the needs of our clients in the most timely and appropriate way, supporting recovery and self-determination, recognising the episodic nature of mental health concerns.
You will provide low-moderate intensity psychological assessment and counselling services to clients with low, moderate, and severe mental health concerns.
You will work closely with other members of our stepped care team and collaboratively with other health care professionals and service providers who are part of the client’s care team to support people with a welcoming, responsive, and flexible approach.
Service provision is face-to-face on site (West Heidelberg, Greensborough, or Epping) and remotely, via telehealth.
Qualifications and experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, or
- Occupational Therapy and significant experience working with complex issues including AOD, gambling, and family violence with respect to the relevant client populations.
- If you are a Social Worker, you must be a current member of AASW or eligible for membership. Accredited Mental Health Social Worker status (or working towards) is required for some roles.
- If you are an Occupational Therapist, you must be registered with AHPRA. Mental Health accreditation with Occupational Therapy Australia is required for some roles.
- If you are a Psychologist, must be registered with AHPRA.
- Experienced in providing counseling in a clinical setting to individuals/families/carers/young people across a broad range of presenting issues.
About the organisation
Banyule Community Health offers a range of Counselling and Support Services including: Gambler's Help, Alcohol and Drug/Dual Diagnosis Counselling, Peer Support, General counselling. Our mental health programs LIFT Stepped Care for Mental Health and Head to Help provide assessment, counselling, early intervention, peer support, care coordination, and mental health nursing. Our counselling and support services are committed to working with clients towards their goals in a flexible and holistic
manner. Services are available for individuals, couples, children and families affected by gambling, problematic AoD use, mental health issues, family violence and other issues. Treatment is provided both face to face and via telehealth, with individual and group interventions. In addition, we offer a
comprehensive range of allied health services, counselling services, medical services, oral health and community health and wellbeing activities.
All our services are underpinned by social and public models of health.
How to apply
Please address the key selection criteria in your cover letter.
For further information please contact Team Leader Jo Hutton 0475 943 946.
Banyule Community Health is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to ensuring recruitment processes are fair to all candidates.
To apply for this job go to:
https://bchs.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5640578.
Please quote in application: Counselling (Psychologist, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist) via Pro Bono Australia.