About the role
Equality Australia is a national LGBTIQ+ organisation, built from the successful ‘Yes’ marriage equality campaign, with the support of the Human Rights Law Centre. Equality Australia creates positive legal and social change to ensure LGBTIQ+ people are treated with dignity and respect.
Equality Australia works in partnership with affected communities and allies to achieve a fair and inclusive Australia for LGBTIQ+ people, their families and communities.
Equality Australia encourages members of LGBTIQ+ communities and allies to apply, particularly those from diverse backgrounds, including First Nations people, people with disability, and people from diverse cultural and faith backgrounds.
As development officer, you’ll work with a small dynamic team to build a sustainable and impactful organisation dedicated to achieving equality for LGBTIQ+ people.
With the support of an external fundraising consultant you will support the CEO and board to execute the existing fundraising plan, which has a major gift focus. Your responsibilities will include;
- Oversee stewardship of existing donors and facilitating donor touch points
- Provide administrative, prospecting and research support for major gift donor strategy
- Identify donor prospects and support CEO and board to execute cultivation plans
- Monitor progress against fundraising plan and preparing internal performance reports
- Work with the Engagement Team to prepare communications assets and donor reports
- Work with the Engagement Team to execute online fundraising campaigns
- Work with the Operations Co-Ordinator to deliver 2 to 4 events per year
Ideally you have an understanding of the for-purpose sector and/or working within the political sphere (such as for a politician, union or government agency), utilising your superior organisational and interpersonal skills, and have a genuine passion for social change.
You also have the following;
- The ability to communicate effectively and accurately, both written and verbal
- Proficiency with technology and data management systems, including CRM systems
- Sufficient financial literacy to analyse and report on fundraising progress
- Ability to work independently within a small team
If building the power, voices and influence of LGBTIQ+ people is something you are passionate about, please submit a CV and cover letter addressing the skills required section above. Alternatively, please call Gemma Schade or Richard Green on 03 8080 8977 for a confidential discussion.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Development Officer via Pro Bono Australia.