About the role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer the Director, Finance and IT is a key member of Bobby Goldsmith Foundation’s Executive Leadership and is responsible for managing all finance and accounting functions as well as the information and communications technology (ICT) and database functions for the organisation.
The role includes a broad range of responsibilities and would suit an individual with a proven track record in financial and IT systems management, along with a strong commitment to compliance, efficiency and systems improvement.
The role also requires someone with strong business acumen who can take a whole of organisation view, think strategically and be prepared to make recommendations that are thought through, fully costed and defensible.
In summary the role has accountability for:
- Finance and accounting functions
- Budget preparation and support
- Funding monitoring and compliance
- Record keeping and reporting
- ICT including database functions
- Administering the No Interest Loans (NILS) Program
- External Compliance and Relationship Management
- Continuous Improvement Program
- Other duties as assigned
This is a permanent part-time role working 68.4hrs per fortnight (0.9FTE). You will join remotely in the upcoming weeks but enjoy a hybrid week of working outside of lockdown.
This is a hand-on role and you are willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. You are a trusted leader who have previously demonstrated strong leadership and management capabilities within a not‐for‐profit organisation coupled with the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in relevant, recognised financial or accounting discipline (Professional qualification such as a CPA is highly desirable);
- High level skills and extensive experience in financial and ICT management within the not-for-profit sector;
- Strong interpersonal relationship and collaboration skills with the ability to inspire and motivate the team and colleagues;
- Ability to think strategically, and actively participate in and influence the inputs and outputs of BGF’s strategic planning cycle;
- Lead the budget review process, identifying and understanding variances;
- Contribute to the development of the annual BGF budget as a key/integral member of the team;
- Statutory legislation and regulations;
- Compliance with administrative and financial policies, procedures and delegations in relation to all areas of responsibility;
- Sound understanding and experience working with the NDIS, grant funding submissions and acquittals,
- Ability to understand and learn operational fundamentals of databases for BGF’s clients and donors;
- Solid experience in accounting software package (Xero);
In addition, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Current, valid driver’s licence with an unblemished record
- Undergo a Police Records Check (arranged through BGF)
- Provide COVID-19 vaccination certificate issued by the Australian Government (Due to the public funding arrangement we require all employees to be vaccinated at this point of time)
About the organisation
Bobby Goldsmith Foundation (BGF) is Australia's longest running HIV charity. Founded in 1984, BGF provides emotional, financial and practical support to people living with HIV (PLHIV). HIV treatment has come a long way since the 80s, but
with a diverse new generation of PLHIV facing stigma reminiscent of the 80s, the need for support remains strong. BGF works to change social attitudes around HIV, to reduce fear, discrimination and stigma and promote acceptance and
understanding, working also at a systemic level to influence policy and service development.
To help people with HIV to thrive.
BGF provides high quality clients services and health promotion programs, as well as advocating with and for people with HIV.
Compassion, Solidarity, Empowerment and Inclusivity.
For more information about BGF please visit our website: https://www.bgf.org.au/
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Director, Finance and IT via Pro Bono Australia.