About the role
Location: Melbourne CBD
Job reference: 493874
Applications close: 17th September 2021 @ 11:55pm
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director Home and Living is responsible for providing vision and leadership to ensure the organisation’s delivery of high quality and effective services across home and living services within residential accommodation. The Director Home and Living is responsible for developing and delivering sustainable services that meet the needs of customers with a disability and provide them with choices in support to assist them to live the life they choose.
The Home and Living portfolio comprise supports for independent living and respite services. The services are broken up into regions that cover metropolitan Melbourne and regional locations across Victoria. This new position will play an important role to deliver the recently developed Strategic Plan 2021 – 2024
The preferred applicant will possess:
- Extensive management experience at a senior level in operational service delivery in a disability services, community services or health related field.
- Strong leadership and people management skills and experienced strategic thinker
- A good track record in customer service excellence
- Contemporary knowledge in providing person centered care to people with disabilities.
- The ability to conceptualise and implement strategy
- An attractive remuneration package with excellent salary packaging tax benefits
- Excellent central CBD location
- Flexible working hours
- A rewarding career in a growing service sector
- Supportive team environment with a string record of employee engagement
For further information please contact David Thorsen, Executive Director, People & Culture, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe in diversity, inclusion and equality and are committed to ensuring that our workplaces are a reflection of the Victorian community. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion brings, and in turn encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a disability to apply.
About the organisation
Join one of the oldest, largest and most reputable not for profit organisations supporting people with disability of all ages and needs across Victoria. Our broad range of services includes long and short term accommodation alternatives, in - home support, therapy, attendant care, assistive technologies, employment, education, recreation, training and practical skills for daily living.
Our people are committed to supporting people with disabilities to live the life they choose and obtaining the best possible outcomes for our customers. We have played an active role in improving awareness and progressing the nature of disability support in Australia for 100 years.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Director, Home and Living via Pro Bono Australia.