About the role
Part Time, Fixed Term Role
- Be part of our innovative and game-changing early years services
- Part-time role until the end of 2022 at our Seymour
- Kindergarten (Taungurung Country)
- Share your expertise and bring your passion for early
We are looking for an exceptional Early Childhood Educator to bring our education and care model to life. This is an additional educator role via the School Readiness Funding.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Assisting and supporting the Early Childhood
- Teacher/Educators in implementing a program of education and care based on strengths, dispositions, skills, and interests of the children which will evolve from observations, feedback from parents, the inclusion of the broader community, and other written records
- Ensuring the program adheres to the agreed centre philosophy as well as the Code of Conduct
- Organising the indoor and outdoor environment, including the
safety and rotation of equipment
- Ensuring that transition times are smooth, calm, and purposeful
- Support the implementation of the Kids First early years model
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Diploma qualification as recognised by ACECQA (or working towards completion of Diploma)
- Proven ability to work in a cohesive team environment
- Comprehensive understanding of child development (3-6 years old)
- Experience in working in partnership with other services and agencies
- Demonstrate personal values aligned with Kids First organisational values
- Proven skill and experience in working in an early education and care setting
- Sound knowledge of legislation, policy and frameworks related to early education and care services.
As a member of the Kids First team you will:
- Be part of a collaborative and outcomes-focused culture of an independent, not-for-profit organisation that has a legacy of more than 120 years of community service
- Receive an attractive salary with the option to salary package to increase take-home pay
- Have access to flexible work options and our staff wellbeing program
About the organisation
Kids First is a leading provider of family and support services for children and families and an early education specialist. We believe in setting children up for the best start in life and the unique education and care delivered at our kindergartens is designed to do just that.
How to apply
Only applications submitted via our website will be considered.
Please include a Cover letter outlining the position title and response addressing the selection criteria and a copy of the Curriculum Vitae which must list two professional referees.
For a full position description and to apply for this job, please visit us at:
https://kidsfirst.recruitmenthub.com.au/Careers & enter ref code: 5644010.
For enquiries about the position: Leanne Rodriguez, Early Years
Team Leader - Phone number: 0400 499 947
Kids First is an Equal Opportunity employer that respects and values diversity and inclusion.
Kids First welcomes everyone to apply, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, and physical ability.
Kids First is a Child Safe Organisation, employment is conditional on satisfactory referee checks, a current Working With Children Check, National Criminal History check, proof of the right to work in Australia, and a pre-employment medical (if applicable).
Please quote in application: Early Childhood Educator via Pro Bono Australia.